Bye madam! Domestic worker wins R70m Power Ball jackpot

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Proof at last! :rolleyes:

The night before the draw, she says she put her ticket in the Bible a friend had given her and went on her knees and prayed to God give her a sign that soon all her troubles will be over.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Not with 70m :)
No, I'd run out of R70m fairly quickly.

I reckon best thing would be to emigrate to some idyllic location and work a fulfilling job knowing you have the financial backing not to have to worry about income.

Staying in SA - same thing, except I'd buy a nice place and car (bikes!) in the garden route and take it off grid (especially a water buffer between myself and municipality). I'd ride my back back and forth to my part time job somewhere... :p

Lupus

Honorary Master
No, I'd run out of R70m fairly quickly.

I reckon best thing would be to emigrate to some idyllic location and work a fulfilling job knowing you have the financial backing not to have to worry about income.

Staying in SA - same thing, except I'd buy a nice place and car (bikes!) in the garden route and take it off grid (especially a water buffer between myself and municipality). I'd ride my back back and forth to my part time job somewhere... :p
That's kind of what I'd do as well :). Minus the bike, mine would be a car.

Cius

Executive Member
If I got 70 mil I would immediately invest about 2/3 rds in a retirement annuity that pays out income for life. I'm young so I would not expect to get more than 4% increasing with inflation obviously. That would be an income of say 4% on 50 mil, or 2 million rand a year for ever increasing with inflation. Granted I would not do that in SA, as there is too much chance of the entire financial market collapsing. A good stable international one would be better. The other 20 mil I would diversify around the world to hedge my bets. I'd never have to work again, and once most of the money is invested in the annuity its safe from people begging or fleecing it off of me. I'd just tell people I have retired with just enough to live off of and given the rest to charity. Leave me alone. If people keep begging cut them off.

MavChat

"Lord, please allow me the opportunity to prove that winning the lottery will not ruin me? Amen"

Zukat

Did she also brush her teeth? Why bring the bible into the post, Im sure majority of miracle lotto believers also believe in the miracle guy up in the sky

Mila

Honorary Master
Told the lady, if it is you.
Just put half of it away. Somewhere no one can touch it. Your pension.
Then go do everything you ever wanted to do.

Then come back and retire.
You don't have to tell me but please. Your life was what it was until now just go and enjoy it and do not waste it on people that will only use you.

Me?
IF it was me. I'll pay debt.
Get my parents comfy.
Help my sister's child get an education
Put up a trust so Mr Mila can stop working.
Set up a trust fund for the Rescue organization to set them up after I'm not the Chair anymore.
Travel.
Travel
Find a place for me and all the animals move.
I will not stop working. I love my job.

Mila

Honorary Master
Charity?
Besides the one I'm associated with.
Srew charity, I have done my part.