Bypass YouTube region check for Olympic Channel

Freakboy

Expert Member
Not sure it this is the correct place to post, but here goes:

Does anybody have a way to bypass the YouTube region checking for the Olympic Channel?
It you check this link, we are one of the few countries in the world that can not use the YouTube channel.
Not sure how Monochoice and the SABC got this blocked, but there must be a (easy) way to get around it.
Both my and my wife's parents want to use the channel but are stuck at the region checking.

Any help would really be appreciated :D

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
something that probably wont work, but what about if you change your computer location?? like set it to London or something...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
It'll use geographic IP location, so that won't work.
You'll need a VPN or proxy in an allowed country.

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
Damnit Steve, had to prove what i was hoping wasn't true ... was a shot in the dark though...

google around for proxies, there are tons of proxy sites...

Whyohwhy

Be careful of open proxy's, download another browser and setup the proxy in there and only watch the Olympic channel. Do not do your normal surfing banking etc though the open proxy.....

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Interesting google sends me to google.co.uk... Wonder if that means my ip is uk-ish?

daveza

Honorary Master
Well that sucks - and the link they say we should go to has nothing to do with Olympics.

JokerJones

I know Tor is slow but could that not be an option? I mean, does it not spoof your ip address? Just a thought.