Kawak

Giveaway
Item name : c band satellite dish
Age and condition: never installed but has been in storage for a very long time
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: No
Reason for selling: not gonna use it
Price: free
Negotiable: Yes, negotiate to pay me pls!!

Has been in storage, still has original LNB in box, no idea if it works as I never installed this one.

geezer

Expert Member
Just to satisfy my curiosity, where/why would you use a C-band satellite dish? How is it different from the dish you use for DSTV? Not interested in this, but just curious.

abzob

Honorary Master
Just to satisfy my curiosity, where/why would you use a C-band satellite dish? How is it different from the dish you use for DSTV? Not interested in this, but just curious.

You’ll get FTA channels from around the world. Depending where you direct it. Mostly used for Arabic and Asian channels from what I’ve seen.

Kawak

Its a modaksat dish, will take measurements when I get back later today.

Kawak

You’ll get FTA channels from around the world. Depending where you direct it. Mostly used for Arabic and Asian channels from what I’ve seen.

Also available are channels that are now available via YouTube.

Those days when our ADSL was limited to 512kbps with 3GB and top up was a liver and a kidney...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Much more FTA stuff available on C-band. Typically and enthusiast would still go for it especially if motorised.

To be honest, I have long since got all this BS out of my system, so just trying to help OP along and get its sold quickly.

edit/

At one stage I had standard Prodelin 3.8, 2.4 & 1.8 m motorised antennas in my yard. Looked like a miniature NASREC station.

Last edited:

sharkyZA

Would like to have a chance at taking it please.
Not sure if anyone has made any arrangements but if I'm in line and it's available I'd really appreciate it.

Captain Beer

Executive Member
Don't want to derail your thread. But I remember helping out with a C-Band installation many years ago in Concordia just outside Springbok.
It was for a small church who wanted to pick up some Seventh Day Adventist channels, I think they were called 3ABN and Hope Channel. I can't remember which bird we pointed it at back then.
It was quite amusing watching many of the aerials in the community being realigned towards the installation over the following weeks in hope of receiving some extra channels :D

Leno

Expert Member
Have most live broadcast feeds moved to Ku band these days?