C-FIBRE appalling service. Any good Metrofibre providers?

h2moller

Just a word of warning for those who thinks of using C-FIBRE. For about a year now we have been with Greencom as a fibre provider. It was not a walk in the park as their after sales service is also appalling, but 99% of the time we had connection. Recently Greencom decided to move their FTTH clients over to C-FIBRE. Since this move about 3 weeks back I have been struggling with intermittent service, slow upload speeds, high latency, and outgoing packet loss. I am paying for a 100Mbps synchronous line. At the time of writing my latency from JHB to JHB is 13ms and outgoing packet loss 7% and upload 17.69Mbps. This is after I called the C-FIBRE call center this morning and they told me that all the issues was "fixed" last night.

I had a static IP with Greencom for hosting purposes. Since the move I don't have a static IP anymore. Apparently according the call center C-FIBRE does not offer clients static IP's which I find weird, since Greencom said that Cell C will offer us the same service as what they did.

So I am thinking of moving ISP. I asked the call center assistant what the cancellation period of my service is, but she doesn't know. Does anyone know the cancellation period and some good Fibre providers on the Metrofibre network? photo_2017-12-28_08-48-57.jpg

GertStrydom

Just a word of warning for those who thinks of using C-FIBRE. For about a year now we have been with Greencom as a fibre provider. It was not a walk in the park as their after sales service is also appalling, but 99% of the time we had connection. Recently Greencom decided to move their FTTH clients over to C-FIBRE. Since this move about 3 weeks back I have been struggling with intermittent service, slow upload speeds, high latency, and outgoing packet loss. I am paying for a 100Mbps synchronous line. At the time of writing my latency from JHB to JHB is 13ms and outgoing packet loss 7% and upload 17.69Mbps. This is after I called the C-FIBRE call center this morning and they told me that all the issues was "fixed" last night.

I had a static IP with Greencom for hosting purposes. Since the move I don't have a static IP anymore. Apparently according the call center C-FIBRE does not offer clients static IP's which I find weird, since Greencom said that Cell C will offer us the same service as what they did.

So I am thinking of moving ISP. I asked the call center assistant what the cancellation period of my service is, but she doesn't know. Does anyone know the cancellation period and some good Fibre providers on the Metrofibre network? View attachment 487738
Hi there,
Did you ever get a resolution for your problem?