[C-Fibre] Throttling Kodi - workarounds?

cavedog

Honorary Master
It is but where will you find good 1080p and 2160p sources? No streaming site will have that so you end off paying for a seedbox like service to cache the data from torrents to stream. What is the difference?

Last edited:

Sopbeen

It is but where will you find good 1080p and 2160p sources? Nk streaming site will have that so you end off paying for a seedbox like service to cache the data from torrents to stream. What is the difference?

I keep seeing people advocate streaming on kodi and the like. I haven't seen a service that could offer me the quality that I get from torrents. Even 1080p streams are compressed to bitrates that are lower than 720p torrent rips.

Netflix and Hulu is nice, but there's a whole lot of content that doesn't feature there.

Btw got any Torrentday invites to spare? I can send you a screenshot of my TL account for reference :p

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I keep seeing people advocate streaming on kodi and the like. I haven't seen a service that could offer me the quality that I get from torrents. Even 1080p streams are compressed to bitrates that are lower than 720p torrent rips.

Netflix and Hulu is nice, but there's a whole lot of content that doesn't feature there.

Btw got any Torrentday invites to spare? I can send you a screenshot of my TL account for reference :p

I stream 1080p 5.1 DD+ via Kodi #justsaying

Sopbeen

I stream 1080p 5.1 DD+ via Kodi #justsaying

On EVERY show and movie? I highly doubt that, as I couldn't even find 720p sources for some of my shows. But you do you. Glad its working for some people.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
On EVERY show and movie? I highly doubt that, as I couldn't even find 720p sources for some of my shows. But you do you. Glad its working for some people.

On most things I want to watch, yes. Granted not older stuff generally.

cavedog

Honorary Master

If you really want to enjoy TV this setup works best for me.

download torrent whatever size and quality you like. easy to use WinNFSd and stream to kodi on your xbox one. #win :D

I am with Aeaonova360 fibre on a 100/100 line and it's unshaped unthrottled uncapped heaven no matter what traffic. So minimum 12MB/s download speed on private torrent sites so the content does not take long to download anyways.

Also no seedbox needed for me as I just leave my pc seeding. I seed a couple of terrabytes to private torrent sites every month. :D Believe it or not but we are not as far behind on fibre than other countries. Fibre providers like Rocketnet, Cool Ideas, Aeaonova360 that actually offer true uncapped is most of the times better than a 400Mbps fibre line with Ziggo Netherlands. They actually shape p2p traffic for them.

Last edited: