Call of Duty: Warzone

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
Who can help me with my PS4, high ping issues, 200+ ms. Can I change location or anything somewhere to improve latency? It takes forever to connect to a game. I’m on 100mb Fiber through axxess.

Anony-mousse

Expert Member
And the other question is, how can I play speedball or whatever it’s called, the game that’s played while the remainder of the game is being downloaded, paintball field type of game.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
I see Jackfrags has a video on the anti-cheat.
I wish the BF V devs implemented this type of anti-cheat system. The cheaters killed that game long before Dice/EA did.

Stevewarren

I use MTN and whenever Warzone connect to the AWS server in Cape Town I get twice as bad ping as when it connects to mweb in Cape Town even worse ping than I get to mweb in joburg

DYreX146

I use MTN and whenever Warzone connect to the AWS server in Cape Town I get twice as bad ping as when it connects to mweb in Cape Town even worse ping than I get to mweb in joburg
Modern Warfare is using AWS already? I thought that we had to wait some time before the AWS datacenter was ready to host game servers.

Sysem

Expert Member
How is everyone finding the new Stimulus Solos? Loving the aggression, but landing anytime after the first circle is almost guaranteed death (for me at least):
- floor loot is non existent (I've seen it actually disappear from the ground mid-game...)
- a lot more people re-spawning means I'm dropping on top of people
- cash drops waaaay to much. I have had 40k before. Great for me cause I'm usually buying loadouts before the first circle even starts closing, but going back to my first point, it means dying early on means you're matching up against fully kitted enemies...

Stevewarren

How is everyone finding the new Stimulus Solos? Loving the aggression, but landing anytime after the first circle is almost guaranteed death (for me at least):
- floor loot is non existent (I've seen it actually disappear from the ground mid-game...)
- cash drops waaaay to much. I have had 40k before. Great for me cause I'm usually buying loadouts before the first circle even starts closing, but going back to my first point, it means dying early on means you're matching up against fully kitted enemies...

I don't like it.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Such a good feature in a BR game with a built in respawn for everyone having floor loot despawn.

Sysem

Expert Member
Such a good feature in a BR game with a built in respawn for everyone having floor loot despawn.
Exactly. Not to mention the floor loot is pretty bad to begin with. With the spray meta, none of the 5 shotguns or 3/4 snipers are useful

YusufJoe

I've been attempting to play this game for some time now but it refuses to launch
Could it be my graphics card?
I'm running a Dell Precision M2800 i7 with an AMD FirePro W4170M

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I couldn't believe it when someone said they started using AWS for servers but I saw it with my own eyes, ec2-af-south-1 it said, that's why we no longer have the laggy servers and why we get games so fast. I'm pretty sure at the start there were only like 2 instances of each squad mode, one for solos and one for Plunder up at the same time and if you weren't in that lobby you had to wait 30 minutes for that to end and hope you get in. I remember turning on a 30 minute double XP token and it taking us 27 minutes to get a game.

So we got more servers and better servers.

DYreX146

I couldn't believe it when someone said they started using AWS for servers but I saw it with my own eyes, ec2-af-south-1 it said, that's why we no longer have the laggy servers and why we get games so fast. I'm pretty sure at the start there were only like 2 instances of each squad mode, one for solos and one for Plunder up at the same time and if you weren't in that lobby you had to wait 30 minutes for that to end and hope you get in. I remember turning on a 30 minute double XP token and it taking us 27 minutes to get a game.

So we got more servers and better servers.
Quite surprising really. I haven't actually checked what servers I was playing on but I'm closer to JHB so I usually get matched on those servers. My friends and I noticed that SA servers in general just don't feel nearly as smooth or have as good hitreg as EU servers, maybe due to Mweb's servers being bad.

Hopefully the AWS servers are smoother than Mweb's and don't have constant packet loss everywhere. I just wish AWS had put their datacentre in JHB so that I could have lower ping, but 30ms isn't bad I guess. If MW can get AWS servers hosted here then we really need to push Twitch to set up local servers, they're long overdue.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Quite surprising really. I haven't actually checked what servers I was playing on but I'm closer to JHB so I usually get matched on those servers. My friends and I noticed that SA servers in general just don't feel nearly as smooth or have as good hitreg as EU servers, maybe due to Mweb's servers being bad.

Hopefully the AWS servers are smoother than Mweb's and not have constant packet loss everywhere. I just wish AWS had put their datacentre in JHB so that I could have lower ping, but 30ms isn't bad I guess. If MW can get AWS servers hosted here then we really need to push Twitch to set up local servers, they're long overdue.
I'm also in the North, the first game of the night I noticed it was over 30ms and I remembered someone said they use AWS now so I had to check.