Call of Duty: Warzone

YoungSandwich

Season 6 update is 66GB. I hope you’ve all started downloading it.

Origin 12 close-range damage has been nerfed.

If you have a 900 series Nvidia gpu or higher, download the latest 456.55 drivers as it adds Nvidia Reflex support for COD

Thank God for the Origin nerf. I was seriously considering just quitting the game. There is no counter play if you stuck in a building and someone's looted a common Origin off the ground. Just have to hope and pray you can throw off his aim enough for him to miss one of those 2 shots. And it just ruins a Run and Gun play style like mine.

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Season 6 update is 66GB. I hope you’ve all started downloading it.

Origin 12 close-range damage has been nerfed.

If you have a 900 series Nvidia gpu or higher, download the latest 456.55 drivers as it adds Nvidia Reflex support for COD
COD upd.jpeg

The Voice

Honorary Master
Thank God for the Origin nerf. I was seriously considering just quitting the game. There is no counter play if you stuck in a building and someone's looted a common Origin off the ground. Just have to hope and pray you can throw off his aim enough for him to miss one of those 2 shots. And it just ruins a Run and Gun play style like mine.
Honestly, I don't think a nerf was the right move. It's a SHOTGUN. They're meant to hurt up close. Leaving it as ground loot was the issue.

C4 has also been significantly nerfed. Guy who tested said he couldn't even get it up through a 1st floor window.

YoungSandwich

Honestly, I don't think a nerf was the right move. It's a SHOTGUN. They're meant to hurt up close. Leaving it as ground loot was the issue.

C4 has also been significantly nerfed. Guy who tested said he couldn't even get it up through a 1st floor window.

Thank God for the C4 nerf as well, that's just annoying.

I can understand that its a shotgun and that's how it functions, but the issue specifically with the Origin is that it has high mobility, high damage, and high fire rate all at the same time. While still being lootable on the ground. In order to balance the game, each weapon should realistically only have 2 of those benefits.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
This game just loves hand holding, there is a new contract you can find in the bunkers it looks like called Foresight that reveals every zone.

Edit: it's not even a contract, it's a killstreak you just pick up and it instantly activates and shows you the next 9 zones.

Last edited:

YoungSandwich

This game just loves hand holding, there is a new contract you can find in the bunkers it looks like called Foresight that reveals every zone.

Edit: it's not even a contract, it's a killstreak you just pick up and it instantly activates and shows you the next 9 zones.

Where did you see this?

The Voice

Honorary Master
Oh **** that's mad. Instant Recon. Does it stay on for the duration of the round, or just a brief look?

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
It's permanent like you did all the recons but I feel like it's not going to be a thing for long, like at the start of last season you could randomly find CUAVs.

harties

I think the main issue with the origin was that it was very forgiving. You just spam and win. The other shotguns like R9 (still strong) if you miss your first two shots you’re likely dead.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I think Nvidia Reflex might be wizardry, my FPS is still the same at around 100FPS but my GPU usage is now only about mid 60% and my max temp playing one round of Plunder now was only 62°C which means it runs at max boost the whole time, it felt super smooth.

The Voice

Honorary Master
I think Nvidia Reflex might be wizardry, my FPS is still the same at around 100FPS but my GPU usage is now only about mid 60% and my max temp playing one round of Plunder now was only 62°C which means it runs at max boost the whole time, it felt super smooth.
The VRAM slider is now way over recommended for some reason. Did you set Reflex to normal or +Boost?

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
The VRAM slider is now way over recommended for some reason. Did you set Reflex to normal or +Boost?
Boost although I don't think it would make a difference for me because I have Warzone set to prefer maximum performance in the Nvidia control panel anyway.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Grinding a bit of MP for operator challenges. Going well until the match ended. COD freezes with no way to kill the process. Only way out is a reboot. Is this the stability they mentioned in the patch notes?

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
I’ve been getting a new type of crash. Maybe it’s related to the new drivers. Maybe it’s the game. Who knows.

New sniper and the VAL are maxed. Sniper is great. Very much a KAR98 equivalent. The VAL does not seem viable for Warzone at all. Mag is too small, even to build as an SMG

The Voice

Honorary Master
Don't know what the **** happened since last night, but I've rage quit for the day.

I played 4 games during my lunch break, and ended each one 0/2. The lobbies are sweaty as **** suddenly, and 1v1 I can't seem to down a single person because suddenly everyone drop shots/hops/locks onto my head, and no matter what I can't outgun them. Gulag I get killed by some headglitching in his spawn, or another one that hit me after throwing TWO C4s. Last game, I got taken out by someone with a floor loot shield and stun grenades.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Don't know what the **** happened since last night, but I've rage quit for the day.

I played 4 games during my lunch break, and ended each one 0/2. The lobbies are sweaty as **** suddenly, and 1v1 I can't seem to down a single person because suddenly everyone drop shots/hops/locks onto my head, and no matter what I can't outgun them. Gulag I get killed by some headglitching in his spawn, or another one that hit me after throwing TWO C4s. Last game, I got taken out by someone with a floor loot shield and stun grenades.

Play Hardcore. Much more pleasant.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Thought I'd give it another go after work to vent some steam. A couple of games in, and my old friend showed up:

1601483804576.png