Call of Duty: Warzone

YoungSandwich

For the last month or so I have not been able to find any BR games. Plunder, MP, all other game modes work perfectly fine. Only with BR (and after the recent update BR Buy Back) can I not find any game. The ping would go from +/- 30ms all the way up to 200ms and just get stuck there. I have left it for an hour today, no game, not even at a ping of 200ms. Anyone else had this issue recently?
Yeah you gotta delete your Battle.net cache, quick google search will get you the info you need, sadly most sites are blocked here at my work.

MickeyDangerez

For the last month or so I have not been able to find any BR games. Plunder, MP, all other game modes work perfectly fine. Only with BR (and after the recent update BR Buy Back) can I not find any game. The ping would go from +/- 30ms all the way up to 200ms and just get stuck there. I have left it for an hour today, no game, not even at a ping of 200ms. Anyone else had this issue recently?
You are shadow banned, check if you get any match at all...

RKN

@YoungSandwich Thanks for your advice, I did that just after you posted - no joy. About a week ago I even as far as reinstalling reinstalling Windows with a complete format, thereafter reinstalling the Battle.net and Warzone, didn't make a difference either.
@MickeyDangerez Thanks, I read a lot about the shadow ban the past 2 weeks and was also convinced that it must be the issue. However, I checked on Activision's support site and this is what I get on there: Capture.PNG
Also, according to most guys mentioning the shadow ban, it's not supposed to last longer than a week, I've been having this for more than a month now. As for your last question, sometimes when I leave it at "searching for a match <200ms" for long enough, I will get into a lobby, but obviously with a horrible ping and then I also notice that there are very rarely any SA players in that lobby.

MickeyDangerez

If
@YoungSandwich Thanks for your advice, I did that just after you posted - no joy. About a week ago I even as far as reinstalling reinstalling Windows with a complete format, thereafter reinstalling the Battle.net and Warzone, didn't make a difference either.
@MickeyDangerez Thanks, I read a lot about the shadow ban the past 2 weeks and was also convinced that it must be the issue. However, I checked on Activision's support site and this is what I get on there: View attachment 1138748
Also, according to most guys mentioning the shadow ban, it's not supposed to last longer than a week, I've been having this for more than a month now. As for your last question, sometimes when I leave it at "searching for a match <200ms" for long enough, I will get into a lobby, but obviously with a horrible ping and then I also notice that there are very rarely any SA players in that lobby.
If its more than a week its not shadowban...

Things I would try:

• Connect with vpn but use a South African location see if it makes a difference.

• Change dns if you on 8.8.8.8 then use 1.1.1.1

• do dns flush and other commands involved with resetting your internet connection.

• if you have static IP with you ISP have it changed or just restart your router for fresh IP if you not on static service.

• Have you tried a private lobby? Does that work.

However BR is not that popular in SA maybe there just aren't enough players searching for BR...

RKN

@MickeyDangerez Thanks, I tried all that, literally tried the VPN this morning, no joy. I just changed my DNS servers to the ones you suggested and it also makes no difference. I haven't tried the private lobby yet, that will be my next test. I get that BR is not that popular in SA, but I don't get how I cannot find a match at all, while a bunch of my mates on all different platforms play BR all the time. Also, the fact that it started happening all of a sudden tells me there has to be some other issue, the big question is just what... A bit more info - I used to play on console (PS4) and started having this issue on that, now I've switched over to PC and I am still experiencing the exact same issue. This tells me it is either related to my home network, or account, not the platform I am playing on, correct?

@The Voice NAT type is strict. I read about the port forwarding exercise you need to go through to get that changed, but haven't managed to succeed with that.

MickeyDangerez

@MickeyDangerez Thanks, I tried all that, literally tried the VPN this morning, no joy. I just changed my DNS servers to the ones you suggested and it also makes no difference. I haven't tried the private lobby yet, that will be my next test. I get that BR is not that popular in SA, but I don't get how I cannot find a match at all, while a bunch of my mates on all different platforms play BR all the time. Also, the fact that it started happening all of a sudden tells me there has to be some other issue, the big question is just what... A bit more info - I used to play on console (PS4) and started having this issue on that, now I've switched over to PC and I am still experiencing the exact same issue. This tells me it is either related to my home network, or account, not the platform I am playing on, correct?

@The Voice NAT type is strict. I read about the port forwarding exercise you need to go through to get that changed, but haven't managed to succeed with that.
What internet? Have you tried with a different modem like your phone's hotspot or USB tether? To check with second ISP.

If upnp is enabled you don't need to setup port forwarding but for security, I would disable it but that's another topic.

In my opinion if you can play other modes its not some setting you can change on your side. Either the servers hosting BR is inaccessible to your computer but that shouldn't be a problem unless your ISP is doing internet badly.

CellC is having this issue right now. They want to solve server disconnect to Warzone by signing a waiver to unrestrict APN basically disable their firewall, opening up your devices to attacks.

Strange one indeed. Also is crossplay enabled?

RKN

What internet? Have you tried with a different modem like your phone's hotspot or USB tether? To check with second ISP.

If upnp is enabled you don't need to setup port forwarding but for security, I would disable it but that's another topic.

In my opinion if you can play other modes its not some setting you can change on your side. Either the servers hosting BR is inaccessible to your computer but that shouldn't be a problem unless your ISP is doing internet badly.

CellC is having this issue right now. They want to solve server disconnect to Warzone by signing a waiver to unrestrict APN basically disable their firewall, opening up your devices to attacks.

Strange one indeed. Also is crossplay enabled?
I have Rain 5G. not the most stable, I know, but I used to play using this just fine. I have tried using my phone as a hotspot, same issue.
I checked, upnp is enabled. Crossplay is also enabled in-game, yes.
Crazy about CellC, seems like a huge security risk, surely there has to be better ways around that issue...

Greglsh

Hi RKN

Just a quick one, are you able to login to the router and check that upnp is on, if it is and still does not work just as a test there is something called DMZ on a router, you will then put the internal network IP of your pc in this section. What this does is basically allow anything to access your pc from the internet so if this works then it is a firewall issue.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Cant find and local BR games, plunder and such yes just not BR, even after clearing cache.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
What's up with the local servers tonight? Either they all full or down?

I kept being put into EU and UAE servers.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
What's up with the local servers tonight? Either they all full or down?

I kept being put into EU and UAE servers.
The last week or so it was hit or miss with local servers. We also constantly got placed in160/180ms servers.
It helps to switch party leaders when it happens, but when you're alone, there doesn't seem much to do.

I stopped playing MP yesterday because doing shoot the ship on 170ms is so frustrating.

BlackStatic

People will always gravitate to the path of least resistance, so whatever earns you XP the fastest will be the most popular, there's a lot of XP/unlock grinding in this game. I'm still amazed so many locals play Warzone.

I think for the traditional BR fans you should see more local action when the new map releases.

I like Plunder, actually, it strikes a nice balance between the super hectic Resurgence and slow BR, it's a lekker chill mode.