Call of Duty: Warzone

MickeyDangerez

Hi guys

Am I the only one experiencing this... when I search for a lobby, it's often starting with ~133ms (or thereabouts) rather than the 15ms or 30ms I'm used to. A PPPOE reset fixes the issue, but it's an absolute ballache to launch the game, see the problem, reboot the router, exit COD, relaunch COD.
Yes, restarting the router and game also fixes it for me. Think it's the client that's experiencing a bug. Will report it to Activition. Maybe they can find the issue.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
I've been lucky with servers though. 99% of the time I get into <30ms lobbies, but that is only if I enable crossplay. If I disable it, then it goes up to <200ms and rubber banding in games is really frustrating. So it's a bit of a catch 22, play with some cheaters, or play with bad ping. Also seem to get mostly Afrikaans speaking people in my lobbies for some reason.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I've been lucky with servers though. 99% of the time I get into <30ms lobbies, but that is only if I enable crossplay. If I disable it, then it goes up to <200ms and rubber banding in games is really frustrating. So it's a bit of a catch 22, play with some cheaters, or play with bad ping. Also seem to get mostly Afrikaans speaking people in my lobbies for some reason.
You on console? That's pretty much my experience as well.

They'd solve most of the cheating issues for console players by giving them the option of console-only crossplay.

Those who have friends on PC can still have full crossplay, but let them sit with the high ping. Not the majority of console players just looking to avoid cheaters...

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
Yeah, on PS4. It’s usually better early mornings though with cross play disabled. But I think it’s probably because a lot of console players use Wi-Fi instead of a lan cable.

As for the cheating, I’m a bit concerned that MW might be left out of the engine upgrade. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve only heard of CW and WZ getting upgraded to the new engine, nothing about MW.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
You on console? That's pretty much my experience as well.

They'd solve most of the cheating issues for console players by giving them the option of console-only crossplay.

Those who have friends on PC can still have full crossplay, but let them sit with the high ping. Not the majority of console players just looking to avoid cheaters...
So most PC players that are also just there to have a good time, and also hate cheaters, should be penalised for the action of the few?

JustinB

Expert Member
Anyone still playing normal BR mode? Looking for someone/group to play a few rounds with tonight maybe or over the weekend. I am on PC, 1.7KD.
Always looking for squaddies. I play a lot with UK mates and the 180ms ping hurts my KD.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So most PC players that are also just there to have a good time, and also hate cheaters, should be penalised for the action of the few?
They have a kbm advantage also. I have no issue keeping the current crossplay across all platforms for those who don't mind, just add a console only option as well...

The Voice

Honorary Master
I actually wonder how they're going to implement the anti-cheat for consoles. For PC it's kernel-level, like Valorant, so should be quite effective. But, as everyone already knows, people cheat on consoles, too, with things like Cronos, so we may eventually see the little kids who can no longer drop 80-bombs in BR on PC just going over to PlayStation.

The Voice

Honorary Master
Yeah, on PS4. It’s usually better early mornings though with cross play disabled. But I think it’s probably because a lot of console players use Wi-Fi instead of a lan cable.

As for the cheating, I’m a bit concerned that MW might be left out of the engine upgrade. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve only heard of CW and WZ getting upgraded to the new engine, nothing about MW.
Vanguard kicks it all off next month, and MW is already over 2 years old at that point. It doesn't draw nearly as many new players in as it used to, and I guess they're expecting existing players to move over to the new game (it has the same engine).

Basically, you'll have 3 titles with the anti-cheat. Considering there hasn't been anything up until this point, that's plenty.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
Definitely not. I usually enable crossplay, until I get a cheater. But to be perfectly honest, that is like 2 out of 10 games. And they mostly like to play Shipment and Shoot House for some reason. I've run into a few console players as well using Cronos or some other gadget, I just block them and move on.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
I actually wonder how they're going to implement the anti-cheat for consoles. For PC it's kernel-level, like Valorant, so should be quite effective. But, as everyone already knows, people cheat on consoles, too, with things like Cronos, so we may eventually see the little kids who can no longer drop 80-bombs in BR on PC just going over to PlayStation.
As far as I know, Raven is in talks with MS and Sony about building some sort of detection module into the console's software - basically to detect if the USB device connected is standard and doesn't have any mods on it. I think they will agree, everyone hates cheaters, and there isn't anything Raven can do from their side for consoles.

BrendanMc

Expert Member
They have a kbm advantage also. I have no issue keeping the current crossplay across all platforms for those who don't mind, just add a console only option as well...
And console players have a big Aim Assist advantage, so kinda balances out don't you think?

Rubberpigg

Expert Member
Scump wins $100,000 in the World Series of Warzone Solo Yolo match on Wednesday.
There were 150 players competing for a single goal in the match: to be the last person standing and to get the match win and take home $100,000.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Scump wins $100,000 in the World Series of Warzone Solo Yolo match on Wednesday.
There were 150 players competing for a single goal in the match: to be the last person standing and to get the match win and take home $100,000.

Controller gang FTW. Well played though, but I would have been lambasted as a bush camper, lol.