Calling all IT people in Education

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Hi guys/gals

A friend of mine works in IT and education (doing IT for a school basically) and is getting kinda mauled on the salary front. He'd like to ask for a raise but needs some supporting information.

I've given him my list of duties and responsibilities along with nett salary and was wondering if you fine people could do something similar for me? Doesn't have to include any personal information and you can mail it if you feel more comfortable (bmcnagle [at] gmail.com).

Please assist a fellow Edugeek folks :) It's for a good cause!

P

Picard

What does "doing IT for a school" entail?

Does this friend give only IT support (network, PC repair etc.) or does he/she also teach.

I do everything (though the network I set up is pretty basic - we don't need more) at the school, teaching included, and I also coach cricket (summer) and hockey (winter).

I earn a governing body salary which is the same as is paid to the other governing body teachers. It is a bit less than what a department renumerated teacher gets. And teachers' salaries are not that impressive.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
IT for the school basically means IT stuff. No teaching but includes:

- monitoring all the security equipment
- opening and closing the school
- any after hours work

The network spans two schools (prep and prim) and involves around 1200 students and 100 odd staff all in domains.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Dude unfortunately its a school.... I mean basically you wont make trillions :) Just tell him to ask or for him to look for a better paying job?

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Yeah I'm aware that schools don't pay well. But what I was actually looking for (see first post) was some kind of example from OTHER people in IT/Edu. I am in the exact same field as him and earn more and his school is asking for supporting information (that other people earn something more than he does at present).

Thanks for the help guys. :)