Camping Gear Thread

kang

Senior Bow with extension. Whole thing costs just shy of R11k. The tent can be put up by 1 person but not the extension. My setup is not suitable for a quick weekend but any wind or rain and this thing is rock solid.
c064fa715796f36097fdf8da5ab57e41.jpg

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Canvas rocks
It's for life
But damn heavy
My tent and 2 gazebos with walls is close to 50kg

splattie

Senior Bow with extension. Whole thing costs just shy of R11k. The tent can be put up by 1 person but not the extension. My setup is not suitable for a quick weekend but any wind or rain and this thing is rock solid.
c064fa715796f36097fdf8da5ab57e41.jpg
Now THIS is what I actually wanted to buy!

Kung Fu Porkchop

Expert Member
We camped quite often when I was still in the house. Unfortunately for me, my wife does not enjoy camping, so I rarely go out. I think it would cost me a caravan before my wife would consider going camping.

splattie

We camped quite often when I was still in the house. Unfortunately for me, my wife does not enjoy camping, so I rarely go out. I think it would cost me a caravan before my wife would consider going camping.

Thought of this option too. Decided that having to redo my drivers license, have a tow bar fitted AND buy a caravan was too much effort. Rather just rent a chalet somewhere and relax.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Another essential piece of equipment for us are our gravity chairs. Been pineapplezillas, we need the heavy duty ones.

The rip stop material perished on mine as Ieft it outside in the sun in my backyard, getting it redone this week. A bit pricy to repair, R650, but still cheaper than a new chair.

1631865533577.png

Hemps

Honorary Master
What mattresses are you guys using?

Bought the Tentco 10cm self inflating last week for R995, not bad, have to still use it, we more weekend campers at the moment.

kang

Another essential piece of equipment for us are our gravity chairs. Been pineapplezillas, we need the heavy duty ones.

The rip stop material perished on mine as Ieft it outside in the sun in my backyard, getting it redone this week. A bit pricy to repair, R650, but still cheaper than a new chair.

View attachment 1149496
Please tell me where I can get these chairs. I've been looking for them for quite some time.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Please tell me where I can get these chairs. I've been looking for them for quite some time.
I got mine at Takealot but they have been sold out for a while.

I see lot's of cheaper variants, but it's hard to find the 150kg strength ones.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
For chairs I have a couple of Campmaster moon chairs that I bought in 2011 at Game and they have been to 7 Afrikaburns
I use the one every weekend when camping.
Nice thing about these is you face the back into the wind and then you're totally cocooned out of the wind
Worth every cent

1631866926131.png

grok

Honorary Master
Same here.. my daughters used to love camping but since they've grown up they won't even consider anything sans brick walls & below 3 stars..
I still do the occasional festival like oppikoppi but I don't really camp anymore, mostly 'cos I don't have companions/friends that camp.
I have a yuge old family-sized canvas tent similar to this one that's a bit tough to erect solo, but I still have all the equipment incl. self-inflating queen-sized bed.

1631866880242.png 1631866588498.png

I must say discovered a nice camping spot close by when I went out last Sunday, decided I'll go camping there soon.

Just not the coming long weekend - I've been booked, kids & I are going to LAN D2R the whole weekend just like the old days.. :love::love::love:

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Thanks for the replies, bought the Safari Senior Deluxe from Camp & Climb. They have better technical advice than the respected 4x4 Community forum.

Did a wet run today at home for next weekend. Set it up by shortass self, wetted it and then took it down again by myself this evening.

It's heavy, very heavy for my fragile carpal tunnel wrists but I had no problem setting it up as per instructions.

IMG_20210918_141641.jpg

The skull cap canapy is really nice. I should have no problem folding it into my senior gazebo to join it. Won't get the same snug fit as the gazebo attachment but will share photos next weekend. Decided that the Deluxe for R5700 was better than the standard with gazebo attachment for R5650. I can at least use this without the gazebo.

IMG_20210918_141719.jpg

Love that windows - it has double covers one on the inside and one on the outside. This is how it allows you zip up from inside or outside. The outside windows have guy ropes so you can peg them in the ground for shade.

IMG_20210918_141740.jpg

Craig_

Honorary Master
What do you guys use for cooling while camping? I can get a cheap 12v cooler to plug into the car when driving but would there a way to plug those coolers into the electricity supply at the camp site?

Would something like this work?