• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Camping

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I'll do just that when I have some time on my hands, and some less worrying people in the car with me :p Thanks for the feedback bud, mucho gracias!

APoc184

Honorary Master
New Adventure booked and paid.

We are heading to Dinokeng Resort for 5 nights from 13 September.

It'll be the first time we go for longer than two nights. So planning will have to be spot on.

Planning to take the kids to Mystic Monkeys during one of the days.
And will see if we can take them on a Big 5 Game Drive too. Might be a challenge getting the 2yo to sit still for so long. And they both lack volume control when they get excited at this young age. And last thing I want to do is inconvenience fellow game viewers on the vehicle.

Kids know nothing at this stage. Want to surprise them with the getaway and they will find out the day when we fetch them early from school. Older one might figure out something is up in the days before hand though.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Damn it sucks to be back.

One thing is for sure... We're hooked.

Thoroughly enjoyed Dinokeng Resort and we will certainly head back there again. So close to home makes it easy for the odd weekend getaway.

dino7.jpg

dino6.jpg

dino5.jpg

dino4.jpg

dino3.jpg

dino2.jpg

Dino1.jpg

Cr419

Executive Member
Only reason I haven't replied to any of your posts up to now is that have been been bloody jealous. That looks like so much fun, my wife refuses to go camping until we are well into summer. Probably with good reason, it's still very cold and wet around here.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Only reason I haven't replied to any of your posts up to now is that have been been bloody jealous. That looks like so much fun, my wife refuses to go camping until we are well into summer. Probably with good reason, it's still very cold and wet around here.
I'll be honest with you. The nights caught us a bit by surprise. It was damn cold getting up for a walk to the toilet at 3am.

During the day was perfect.

Nice thing about Dinokeng Resort is they have this big Lapa with built in fireplaces and very comfy couches. They even supply wood. We spent an hour or two there every night chatting with people and just enjoying the warmth. Bonus was that it is right next to the indoor heated pool so kids was in there while we relaxed and when they were finished they could get dressed and heated up before heading back to the tent.

APoc184

Honorary Master
damn awesome pics and the kids must have loved the animals

Are the bigger badder animals in cages or ???
Kids still haven't stopped talking about all the animals. Would've loved to be a fly on the wall at their school today as we sent most of the wildlife photos with them too. Coincidentally their theme for the week is Wild Animals

The resort itself doesn't have too many animals. Plenty of birds, Njalas and smaller animals like the Agamas and squirrels. But a mere 10min drive out of their camped off farm and you are into the Dinokeng Big 5 area. Of the Big 5 we only got to see elephant. But hundreds of other animals.

The big dangerous cats photos were all from the Mystic Monkeys Sanctuary trip on Friday morning. Well worth the 25min drive there. Even got to meet some 3 day old baby tigers up close and personal.

APoc184

Honorary Master
This little toot-toot (as my 2yo likes to call it) was a massive hit on Saturday with all the kids.

Kept the kids occupied for a good 2 hours. Meant many dads could watch the rugby and the women lounged around or spent time next to the various pools.

Dinokeng-9195.jpeg Dinokeng-9190.jpeg