Can I buy Wii Games in the USA and bring them back to SA?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Will they work in my Wii console? The games are wicked cheap here compared to SA.

My Wii has the homebrew channel loaded back in SA.

bradrap

I don't think they'd work out the box but if you installed Gamma Loader or GeckoOS (same software to play copied dvds) they should work nps.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
we tried to sell my daughters console and games from the USA and i sold 2 but then some guy bought one and said it was region specific and showed me the writing on the disc, so ek weet nie.

Rinkhals

Another case of us third Worlders subsidizing the first world.

diabolus

Executive Member
On almost all digital content there's a PAL vs. NTSC region restriction. USA is always NTSC , and SA + europe is PAL . So yea you will most likely have issues....it should actually state on the box whether it is PAL or NTSC . You can safely assume if it does not say PAL/Region 2 then it won't work without "intervention" on your Wii console.

My Xbox games all have a little "PAL" indicator right on the front of the box [top right] , i'm sure the Wii game will have it too.

EDIT: Look at this example http://www.games420.com/games/deadly-creatures-pal-wii-game.jpg [see the "PAL" on the bottom] .

Last edited:

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
on the disc at the bottom it also tells you where it can be played.

ichigo

Executive Member
Will they work in my Wii console? The games are wicked cheap here compared to SA.

My Wii has the homebrew channel loaded back in SA.

I tried opposite bought US wii and tried SA Wii games and it wouldnt read the disc