Can I choose which jab I get?

mjzar

Interesting. Doc at Francis Crick Institute.

This clip is scary IF you don't know the context
They found that in people who had been fully vaccinated with two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, levels of neutralising antibodies were more than five times lower* against the B.1.617.2 variant when compared to the original strain, upon which current vaccines are based.
Reference

The Darkness

Expert Member
Firstly, I'm sick of people calling it "the jab". Let's cut these euphemisms out.

ebendl

Expert Member
So I noticed earlier on the Dischem registration site that they now indicate which vaccine is provided where.

Menlyn branch for example has Pfizer and Woodlands has J&J.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
The people using Fedhealth received a notification that Fedhealth will pay for their vaccines, but also informed their clients that if they agree to terms and register, that their medical aid contribution will also be used to pay for vaccines for people with no medical aid. I think this is the case for all the medical aids, only Fedhealth admitted to this. Of course this is then covered by increasing your medical aid contribution.

Elon

The people using Fedhealth received a notification that Fedhealth will pay for their vaccines, but also informed their clients that if they agree to terms and register, that their medical aid contribution will also be used to pay for vaccines for people with no medical aid. I think this is the case for all the medical aids, only Fedhealth admitted to this. Of course this is then covered by increasing your medical aid contribution.
Uh, no. Government announced that this is how it would work from the beginning, and most medical aids had you covered for a yearly flu vaccination anyway.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Uh, no. Government announced that this is how it would work from the beginning, and most medical aids had you covered for a yearly flu vaccination anyway.
Uhm no to you, maybe read my entire post before you make a useless post.

Elon

Uhm no to you, maybe read my entire post before you make a useless post.
You already agreed to being covered for vaccination - technically they are only paying for yours, at the price set by government. Government uses their “markup” to pay for the other vaccinations.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
You already agreed to being covered for vaccination - technically they are only paying for yours, at the price set by government. Government uses their “markup” to pay for the other vaccinations.
So we pay for our own and for those with no medical aid, just like I said. The government intervention serves no purpose but to extort your medical aid contribution to pay for those who don`t. This is phase 1 NHI. After this more will have to be paid to government from our private medical aid.

Neuk_

Executive Member
I was able to choose at the Parkhurst Recreation Centre yesterday, between J&J and Pfizer.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
So we pay for our own and for those with no medical aid, just like I said. The government intervention serves no purpose but to extort your medical aid contribution to pay for those who don`t. This is phase 1 NHI. After this more will have to be paid to government from our private medical aid.
As long as it doesn't come out of my savings, I don't gaf what their arrangement with the government is...

Gyre

Expert Member

I don't have medical aid, thanks for paying for mine!

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
As long as it doesn't come out of my savings, I don't gaf what their arrangement with the government is...
Are you really this stupid to think you are not paying? Or why does it matter how you pay? It is all coming from the money you earn after tax.

I guess they did it this way because idiots won`t notice.