Can Neotel Mi-Fi work with wi-fi router?

PollieKrismis

Hi All

I read today that Neotel will be launching a 100GB (1 year) pre-paid deal with Mi-Fi device for about R2200 which I'm quite keen on.

Now I presume the Mi-Fi does not have a LAN port... Does anyone know how one would connect this to an existing home network?

Currently I use 8ta's 60+60 but find it disconnects too frequently, i.e. every 1-3 days. I need to be able to access my home network from the internet, but it always seems to be disconnected when I need it.

I've used Neotel before and found it quite stable, but have been waiting for them to launch an affordable solution I can easily attach to my existing home network. I still have my NeoGo stick, but that will probably be too slow.

My current setup consists of a 8ta sim in a Cell C speed stick connected to a Tenda 3G 150M which feeds into the Internet port on my Netgear router. I also have Netgear wi-fi range extender.

Thanks

Paul

PsyWulf

Executive Member
A router than can act as Wifi Bridge/AP client mode should suffice

PollieKrismis

Thanks for the response.

Just so that I understand you correctly. In this configuration I cannot use my router as the DHCP server and will be limited to the 5 users (and other security settings) of their Mi-Fi device?

Last edited: