Can you belong to multiple Medical Aid Rewards Programs?

Judge-ZN

I've seen that you cannot belong to more than 1 medical aid scheme at a time, but I cannot find information about belonging to multiple rewards programs at the same time.

In my scenario, I am a vitality member and have insurance policies with Discovery.
My Medical Aid is with Momentum and they have a different rewards program with different rewards that are sometimes more appealing.

Am I allowed to join Momentum Multiply?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I've seen that you cannot belong to more than 1 medical aid scheme at a time, but I cannot find information about belonging to multiple rewards programs at the same time.

In my scenario, I am a vitality member and have insurance policies with Discovery.
My Medical Aid is with Momentum and they have a different rewards program with different rewards that are sometimes more appealing.

Am I allowed to join Momentum Multiply?

Can't see why not..

Nithan15

Expert Member
You can belong to vitality under insurance and multiply under medical aid no issues there at all.

Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
Would your benefits not be better being on Vitality for both Insurance and Medical aid? As Opposed to having it only for Insurance?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Would your benefits not be better being on Vitality for both Insurance and Medical aid? As Opposed to having it only for Insurance?

Momentum also does insurance, and none of that "lets monitor how you drive" crud

Edit:
But my general insurance is not with them either. Only life policies.

Last edited:

Venomous

Honorary Master
@OP

When I first joined multiply I had a life insurance policy, no medical aid (not even elsewhere). Then a year later I joined medical aid.

One benefit is that if you use their gym discounts... And you go to gym often then you can earn your medical savings without having to pay in money. On gold its R800/adult, on private club R1200/adult per month that will cobtribute to your medical savings. If you have a decent healthy heart score then you can also nicely reduce your gym subs. Even if all you pay is the hospital portion, your med savings will grow.

At PnP you can earn 4-10 x the points depending on your tier.
You do have to register your multily card/smart shopper with them. Some sms process.

Nice discounts at a few other places too.

SoTrue

Expert Member
I have Vitality and Multiply memberships, haven't see any restrictions on this ever.

Aquadyne

Expert Member
You can definitely be a member of multiple rewards programs - more specifically Vitality & Multiply.

To maximise benefits, be sure to have your health checks submitted to both when you do it.

Incidentally, you can also belong to multiple Gap Cover Plans - as long as you don't make the same incident claim on both.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master

There are tie in benefits, the first is that you get a better deal according to your Vitality level, so the effort you put in to getting diamond level it makes sense to have another Discovery product and get those benefits.
The other thing is the Payback add on, where you get between 7% and 45% return on your premiums (depending how much you claim), the more products you have the more payback you get.

With Discovery its more about - If you take the add on's then its only really worth while if you have multiple products.

Anonymous™

Momentum Multiply costs R200pm. Take it, upgrade to Platinum (i.e. partake and level up) and do your groceries at PnP with your MultiplyCard + SmartShopper card. You'll receive ~R200 (* 10) for spending R2000 in Pnp points. A whackload better than the usual R20 for R2000 most people have.

Basically having Multiply on Platinum and pending R2000 at Pnp will pay your Multiply premium.

Not to speak of other benefits on flights, Takealot and EDCON amongst others!