Can you go 24 hours without touching smart tech?

Can you survive?

• Total voters

maxxis

Expert Member
As per the title. Can you survive without your phone, tablet, smart watch, laptop etc for 24 hours.

Not during the week as that will be unrealistic.
But maybe a Saturday or Sunday?

Willing to try. That is all I can say.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Did this last year when we got engaged. We only used our phones to take pictures over the weekend. It was bliss and makes me miss the days when we weren't expected to be always reachable on every avenue of social media

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Yes, I often spend weekends away where there is nothing, not even electricity so a phone means nothing unless I want to take a pic.
But I hardly do that when in company as there are always people around me taking photos.

I did the 5 day Otter Trail earlier this year, left my phone behind, absolute bliss having zero technology for 5 days.

Afrikaburn is the same, I go for 10 days at a time and leave my phone in the cubby for that entire time

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
As per the title. Can you survive without your phone, tablet, smart watch, laptop etc for 24 hours.

Can you go 24hrs without touching yourself in your bikini areas?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I have done digital detox, but I have to take time to read my email and I do this on my mobile devices, so no way around this unless I can possibly take leave which is impossible.

Going to the loo is also MyBroadband prime time.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I have done digital detox, but I have to take time to read my email and I do this on my mobile devices, so no way around this unless I can possibly take leave which is impossible.

Going to the loo is also MyBroadband prime time.
Do you also have pics of @ShaunSA in your spank bank?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

Yup, once a year.