Can you transfer a W10 license if its DSP?

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Hi all, kinda decided im gonna upgrade when 12th gen comes out.

Nothing wrong with my current setup, I just want to upgrade.

I am just confused about some things, I have W10 Pro, I am almost 100% sure it's a DSP license. How can I check?

So I am probably gonna get new CPU/Mobo/DDR5 RAM and a Samsung 980 NVME Gen 4 SSD, and maybe some nice to haves like a new case and liquid cooling. If 12th gen i5 is sexy that'll do, otherwise i7 is fine.

Will my W10 not, not be activated? I dont mind buying it again, but ill lose my Dolby Atmos and stuff like that?

ponder

Honorary Master
DSP & OEM licenses are not transferable. You could always call MS and tell them your motherboard died and in most cases they will help you out.

To check your license version open a Command Prompt or PowerShell and type in slmgr –dli

Exaelea

Yep that's a lot of hardware changes, the activation required will trigger and yeah, it wont like it one bit. Just get a retail key from Carbonite, nice cheap fix for endless drama using cracks/activators/trying to get old key working on all those hardware changes

InternetSwag

Expert Member
DSP & OEM licenses are not transferable. You could always call MS and tell them your motherboard died and in most cases they will help you out.

To check your license version open a Command Prompt or PowerShell and type in slmgr –dli
Wow. Windows 10 Retail. I'm surprised.

That command is really cool, i'll be using it a lot now.