Cancellation of a telkom

Ismail jogie

I cancelled my telkom line on the 30 August n paid up the balance of R1093 in full.
And I still get a statement of R493
For rental n whatever.

Ismail jogie

The amount of 1093 I paid rental for 5months.
I haven't used the fone for 6months.
There is no signal in my area

thechamp

Honorary Master
I only have a ref. No.
Abd full balance was settled
Yeah that is the problem, a ref number does not indicate cancellation but just a logged request, hound them for progress on that ref number also note that there is a notice period of one month I think.

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Yeah that is the problem, a ref number does not indicate cancellation but just a logged request, hound them for progress on that ref number also note that there is a notice period of one month I think.
You work for telkom? Splains a lot :laugh:

adamr

Executive Member
I have been having nightmares with Telkom and trying to cancel my mobile contact. It's gone past the 30 days and my contract is still not cancelled. They good at calling me to upgrade. But don't get back on the cancellation

Twitter is useless as they just tell me it's escalated and nothing happens

Can anyone who has had similar issues tell me who and how best to resolve this

SpliceGold

Log a dispute with telkom and be prepared to pester them constantly to credit your account.
This is the only way I got them to eventually cancel my line was pestering them constantly. Also use their online chat and complain and Log disputes. Do not bother going in store as they all blady useless there and will tell you long stories. Took me over 3 months but they eventually cancelled it and credited me with around R400. To date I did not get my refund but at least they stopped sending me bills.

Ismail jogie

Telkom is a waste of time.
I haven't used my fone for 6months n as a pensioner I had to pay R1093 for rental.
And even after cancellation Im still getting billed.
I will not a cent anymore.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I have been having nightmares with Telkom and trying to cancel my mobile contact. It's gone past the 30 days and my contract is still not cancelled. They good at calling me to upgrade. But don't get back on the cancellation

Twitter is useless as they just tell me it's escalated and nothing happens

Can anyone who has had similar issues tell me who and how best to resolve this
I must be extremely lucky but I've had no issues with Telkom mobile cancellations over the past few years.

I submitted a request to cancel a data contract on the 26th via their app (or site... can't remember)
Received my reference and note saying I will be contacted in 2-7 days.
Got a call today asking me to confirm, logged in to my profile and can see the contract was removed.
Easy peasy.

The previous cancellation done less than a year ago was done in-store and also effortless.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I must be extremely lucky but I've had no issues with Telkom mobile cancellations over the past few years.

I submitted a request to cancel a data contract on the 26th via their app (or site... can't remember)
Received my reference and note saying I will be contacted in 2-7 days.
Got a call today asking me to confirm, logged in to my profile and can see the contract was removed.
Easy peasy.

The previous cancellation done less than a year ago was done in-store and also effortless.
I have done my land-line cancellation on the app, already got a call to confirm the cancellation, now waiting for the final invoice.

I think the app has made things better.