Cancellation of Telkom Service

I phone Telkom on 20 Nov 2018 to cancel my Telkom mobile service, at the end of the year as the contract expired on 31 Dec. I was informed this was done, and confirmed this again on 1 Oct 2018. When I phoned in this week, after being billed again for January, the operator claimed that CUSTOMERS CANNOT CANCEL UNLESS THEY APPLY ONLINE FOR CANCELLATION. Really? Is this case, their previous two operators lied over the phone. I asked for a copy of the voice recordings, I'm still waiting despite their promise I would be contacted by their manager by Friday.

So I searched online this morning, and their cancellation is complex enough to confuse any normal human being. I bet this is deliberate. We'll see if after filling in this form, I am contacted as promised on the site.

And for the fun of it, the online website chat does not work (unknown IP address).

Based on this experience, I would recommend that people don't waste their time using Telkom. Unless Telkom resolves this promptly, I will move to another service provider.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
There are threads here which explain where and how to cancel it, and all the article about Telkom cancellations have had the news that the new process is online cancellation only.

dennis.se.foon

I phone Telkom on 20 Nov 2018 to cancel my Telkom mobile service, at the end of the year as the contract expired on 31 Dec. I was informed this was done, and confirmed this again on 1 Oct 2018. When I phoned in this week, after being billed again for January, the operator claimed that CUSTOMERS CANNOT CANCEL UNLESS THEY APPLY ONLINE FOR CANCELLATION. Really? Is this case, their previous two operators lied over the phone. I asked for a copy of the voice recordings, I'm still waiting despite their promise I would be contacted by their manager by Friday.

So I searched online this morning, and their cancellation is complex enough to confuse any normal human being. I bet this is deliberate. We'll see if after filling in this form, I am contacted as promised on the site.

And for the fun of it, the online website chat does not work (unknown IP address).

Based on this experience, I would recommend that people don't waste their time using Telkom. Unless Telkom resolves this promptly, I will move to another service provider.
Don't waste you time cancelling a Telkom Mobile SIM contract. Rather go into one of their stores and change from contract to prepaid. If you have saved minutes, they will remain available for up to 6 months. This process is much easier than cancelling the contract

You can then destroy the prepaid SIM if you no longer need their service.