Cancelled my contract but still getting data

JakeK

Hi All,

My contract with my Mobile Provider (I am not mentioning names) expired in November 2017, after having a great fight with them for not cancelling the contract in time, it was finally cancelled in January 2018. I know its cancelled because I have it in writing and they aren't debiting my account. (I know - weird right?).

So I haven't bought a data bundle from them in almost 3 months (perhaps 2), but I am still receiving data at the beginning of each month...
Basically I am scoring out of this deal, or am I. When the service provider finally realizes that they have been giving me free data, is there any legal recourse for them? In other words can they then force me to pay for the "free" data despite me having no legal contract with them to do so?

This is a very specific case and I was unable to find an answer to this (with regard to south african law) anywhere on the internet.

sajunky

Honorary Master
As you are going to take an opportunity, don't ask us. We are only advising honest things, sorry.

PhireSide

Executive Member
And on the flip side, I paid for my contract for the month of May but didn't receive my monthly allocation yesterday...

Milano

Executive Member
As far as I can tell the onus would be on the company to stop providing data. Cannot see any onus on the consumer.