Cancelling Supersonic and moving to Fibre

Sirius

Finally got fibre in my complex thanks to Frogfoot as I am based in Stellenbosch and am currently using Supersonic LTE uncaped as I am WFH. Vox has been the first to jump with a quote to offer a 30Mb for R599 (way cheaper than the R999 I am paying for Supersonic). I will get more quotes from other providers. I have been thinking of these three options based on their FAQs - https://www.supersonic.co.za/faq

1. Cancel and may be charged a clawback fee by supersonic - vague if I may or may not be charged
2. Downgrade to their lowest capped package and move over to fibre in July. - again their website may charge for downgrading my account
3. Stick to Supersonic - not sure if I want as I have had a horrid time with the LTE service so far

portcullis

Cape Connect Internet Rep
Company Rep
Take your hiding, get it over and done with and move to us.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Finally got fibre in my complex thanks to Frogfoot as I am based in Stellenbosch and am currently using Supersonic LTE uncaped as I am WFH. Vox has been the first to jump with a quote to offer a 30Mb for R599 (way cheaper than the R999 I am paying for Supersonic). I will get more quotes from other providers. I have been thinking of these three options based on their FAQs - https://www.supersonic.co.za/faq

1. Cancel and may be charged a clawback fee by supersonic - vague if I may or may not be charged
2. Downgrade to their lowest capped package and move over to fibre in July. - again their website may charge for downgrading my account
3. Stick to Supersonic - not sure if I want as I have had a horrid time with the LTE service so far
I recently did the exactly same:

- If you have their router, they will charge you a clawback fee for it. You need to send it back to them or they collect it at a fee. You will still be charged and they will need to reverse it, which takes forever (I'm still waiting)
There is also a R600 fee if you cancel with in the first 6 months. For everything month you've had it, they lessen it by R100.

- Didn not do this one.

- Honestly, SuperSonic has left a terrible taste in my mouth, I would not recommend them as a FTTH provider.

Jettafreak

@TofuMofu , how long did the cancellation take as I emailed them on the 7th of June and still no feedback, just an automated email.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
@TofuMofu , how long did the cancellation take as I emailed them on the 7th of June and still no feedback, just an automated email.
I sent my cancellation on the 23rd of April and got a reply from them (not the automated one) on the 5th of May.

They do take their time though. Terrible service.

MadaoArseid

Just be careful when cancelling with them. I cancelled back in April, paid for May due to their one month cancellation policy and they randomly charged me again at the beginning of July.