Cannot access 10.0.0.2 at all

matt loves telkom

I have a 5102G 4 port wi-fi router.Seein that im gonna get capped anyday soon as im way past my 2gigs i NEED to know how to fix this issue so i can switch to my WA account :(

I reinstalled Windows about 10 or so days ago and it was fine.BUT now i cant access it at all again.maybe its a firewall issue? i unblocked ALL applications and still didnt help.Software maybe? :confused:

I just dnt know how the speed and all is still great but i cant access the gateway.please i need help before i sit for a week with no adsl...again (had withdrawl symptoms)

bekdik

Honorary Master
check your pc's ip setting by running ipconfig from the command line. You need to ensure that your local network setting is in the 10.0.0 range. try setting it to a manual setting of 10.0.0.100, gateway 10.0.0.2 dns 10.0.0.2

Mady

Ok Maybe it is ot yur settings or IP adress. Did you have a look at your browser settings? On Internet Explorer go to tools settings Connection. Is all the ticks removed except the Autodetect? Also make sure hat you add the 10.0.0.2 ip adress as a local adress inside Internet explorer.

Hope this helps

[OUPA]MrNutz

Expert Member
yeah...

make ip 10.0.0.3

mask you can play around with (altho there r logical clashes sometimes)

or 255.0.0.0

and gateway 10.0.0.2

?
:)

matt loves telkom

This is what i get on IPconfig

IP addy : 10.0.0.100
Subnet Mask :255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 10.0.0.2 (YES 2!)

like i said i got into it fine a week ago...now it wont work :(

il give a try to all ur suggestions and return with my results :)

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Try installing a different browser and accessing it from there. That's why I keep Chrome or Safari on my system.

If that doesn't work, try a different computer.

Pada

Executive Member
Run 'ipconfig' within Command Prompt, and then look for the Default Gateway address.

Once you found that, go to http://<default gateway IP address>
without the brackets of course.

See if you can 'ping <default gateway IP address>' - also from within Command Prompt.
eg. ping 10.0.0.2

If your PC didn't receive its IP address settings from the ADSL modem via DHCP, then this method that I've explained above won't work.

Last edited:

3dgamer

See if you can 'ping <default gateway IP address>' - also from within Command Prompt.
eg. ping 10.0.0.2
When I do that It says
Pinging 10.0.0.2 with 32 bytes of data:
request timed out.
request timed out.
request timed out.
request timed out.

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.2:
Packets: sent = 4, received = 0, lost = 4 (100% loss),

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Older telkom routers have a habit of failing,in this instance the web and icmp portions are offline while routing works,an indication that the device is on it's last legs,you can attempt to get access by power cycling it - or at worst a full reset. But it these don't sort it you're SOL

3dgamer

Try installing a different browser and accessing it from there. That's why I keep Chrome or Safari on my system.

If that doesn't work, try a different computer.
I did what you said with a different browser and with a different pc but I am getting the same result:(

Pada

Executive Member
When I do that It says
Pinging 10.0.0.2 with 32 bytes of data:
request timed out.
request timed out.
request timed out.
request timed out.

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.2:
Packets: sent = 4, received = 0, lost = 4 (100% loss),
Is your IP address in the 10.0.0.x range? If it is, then your modem's IP address can't be 10.0.0.2, or something is broken :)

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I did what you said with a different browser and with a different pc but I am getting the same result:(
Are you shutting down all of the other PC's and devices when you try this. Just have one PC running.

Are you on a network with hubs and switches or are you plugged directly into the router?

Can you do a hard reset on the modem?

3dgamer