Cannot pay arrears account

DearHeart

Expert Member
I'm trying to help a friend to pay his Rain account but encounter the following:
  1. When logging in a get the Oop! Looks like... popup and click on pay now
  2. I check the box to confirm RICA and then get this below, the highlighted fields are disabled and I cannot type in it. This is not the first time I see this, how in the world are we suppose to make a payment?

Rain payment problem.PNG

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I'm trying to help a friend to pay his Rain account but encounter the following:
  1. When logging in a get the Oop! Looks like... popup and click on pay now
  2. I check the box to confirm RICA and then get this below

View attachment 933756

What is the issue? I can't tell from that screen except that it seems to want credit card details, which is what is required to pay now?

DearHeart

Expert Member
What is the issue? I can't tell from that screen except that it seems to want credit card details, which is what is required to pay now?
My bad, I amended the post after you read it, can't type in the highlighted fields.

eg2505

Honorary Master
card got online secure?
problems like that happen usually because it isnt turned on

DearHeart

Expert Member
OK, the rep helped me and using another browser solved the problem. Upgraded from the R250 off-peak to 24 x 7 and the online limit was set to R250 :(

eg2505

Honorary Master
OK, the rep helped me and using another browser solved the problem. Upgraded from the R250 off-peak to 24 x 7 and the online limit was set to R250 :(

I can bet you your card didnt have online secure enabled.
thats why it failed.

DearHeart

Expert Member
You do look like your taking it well.

View attachment 933820
Hehe, what's the use of patience if you can't practice it. What did test my patience is when I held on for 5 minutes on the phone listening to the most annoying music. I'm sure it's specially selected to cause callers to ring off. Another thing that annoys me is that darn bouncing ball on the Rain home page :mad:

KopiteZA

Question for @rain_mobile or anyone who can answer. I haven't paid my Rain account this month so I've been disconnected for the past two weeks. I would like to get back online so I'll be paying the outstanding R479 tonight. Do i have to pay another R479 at the beginning of next month or will i be billed only for the last two weeks of October, since i haven't had any service for the first two weeks of the month?

Was going to cancel Rain because fibre is being installed in my neighborhood but they say we have to wait a bit longer before the neighborhood goes live, so Rain will have to do until then. ‍♂️

Captain Morgan

You will be billed for the full amount for October and November. Just because your service was suspended doesn't mean you don't have to pay for it.

Question for @rain_mobile or anyone who can answer. I haven't paid my Rain account this month so I've been disconnected for the past two weeks. I would like to get back online so I'll be paying the outstanding R479 tonight. Do i have to pay another R479 at the beginning of next month or will i be billed only for the last two weeks of October, since i haven't had any service for the first two weeks of the month?

Was going to cancel Rain because fibre is being installed in my neighborhood but they say we have to wait a bit longer before the neighborhood goes live, so Rain will have to do until then. ‍♂

KopiteZA

You will be billed for the full amount for October and November. Just because your service was suspended doesn't mean you don't have to pay for it.
I mean i am going to pay the outstanding 479 owed for September, I just thought because my service was suspended for the first two weeks of October I wouldnt be billed for the whole month since I'm reactivating mid-month.
I'd rather wait until the first of November to make the payment owed for September, surely that way I cant be billed for October since I'd have had no service for the whole month?
Anyways, thanks for the reply man, I think you just saved me a couple hundred rands!

Captain Morgan

You will be billed for the full amounts, unless you have cancelled the service in the dashboard.

If you haven't cancelled the service, then it means the service was suspended due to you being in breach of the agreement.

Therefore the only way to use the sim and/or service ever again is to ensure you pay all the arrears etc.

Just because the service was suspended, due to you being in breach by not making payment, doesn't absolve you from the agreement.

Same applies for medical aid for example. You pay it, irrespective of whether you go to hospital or not.

While Rain's service might have gone down the drain lately, an agreement is an agreement. Stick to it and your word.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I mean i am going to pay the outstanding 479 owed for September, I just thought because my service was suspended for the first two weeks of October I wouldnt be billed for the whole month since I'm reactivating mid-month.
I'd rather wait until the first of November to make the payment owed for September, surely that way I cant be billed for October since I'd have had no service for the whole month?
Anyways, thanks for the reply man, I think you just saved me a couple hundred rands!
Hi Kopite @[B][B]Captain Morgan[/B][/B] does make valid points ,however i would like you to PM me your email address let me look into something and just confirm it as well okay

KopiteZA

So just for future reference if anyone should find themselves in my situation.
I've paid the outstanding amount for the month of September today, the 17th of October, after being disconnected for the first two weeks of the month due to non payment. I've been advised that my next bill on the 1st of November will be only for the next two weeks, starting from the day my service is reactivated.
Thanks again to @rain_mobile, appreciate your quick reply and helping me get back online.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
So just for future reference if anyone should find themselves in my situation.
I've paid the outstanding amount for the month of September today, the 17th of October, after being disconnected for the first two weeks of the month due to non payment. I've been advised that my next bill on the 1st of November will be only for the next two weeks, starting from the day my service is reactivated.
Thanks again to @rain_mobile, appreciate your quick reply and helping me get back online.
Hi , Correct.
You are most welcome, you know where to find me if you need any further assistance.