Can't obtain license disc due to another car still in my name

Opulence

Only if there is a warrant for arrest or an AARTO Enforcement order.
If you paid a fine without one of those, then you just did the traffic department a favour! ;)

Thank you. They blocked my current licence for a period of a year, for another vehicle which was stolen 17 years ago. They refused to lift the administration mark even though a police mark stolen was indicated on enatis. No warrant for arrest or AARTO Enforcement order. In fact, the R114 form gives away that this vehicle has been placed back on my name in 2014. They issue a licencing schedule for liability date 17 years ago, not 2014, for an old Transvaal T registration :D , also they obviously could not overwrite the system that knows no licencing schedules have been issued, thus they captured the fines and penalties for the 17 years also under liability date 17 years ago, not 2014 which it should have been to cover the 17 years of fees and fines..

Opulence

Does it work the same with licencing fees though? I can understand if you are trying to licence a vehicle with outstanding licencing fees, but not another vehicle. As in my case I have been in a terrible situation where my transport have been withheld from me or pay thousands of rands that I do not owe.

Hamisi

Hi I bought a car last year but because of other problems I didn't register it in my now I want to register it into my name I have all the papers but the seller no where to be found what must I do cos the is behind I can't manage to be pay it what must do?

Fazda

Honorary Master
Hi I bought a car last year but because of other problems I didn't register it in my now I want to register it into my name I have all the papers but the seller no where to be found what must I do cos the is behind I can't manage to be pay it what must do?
In theory, if you have all the paperwork, as you say, then it doesn't matter where the seller is. All they should have done is sign the yellow form, which should have been submitted anyway.

msmoorad

Im in a similar situation. I bought a vehicle last year and the disc was going to expire in 2 months.i neglected to renew it and now that i want to get it transferred on my name, the owner seems to have disappeared. From what i was told, he handed in the forms to the licensing office to get the vehicle off his name. I went to a COR place nearby and they said i need the owners proof of address and a registered copy of hisI ID.

another friend says i dont need that bcos its been taken off his name...all i have to do is go to the lincensing office and pay the penalties for late registration...then i have to do the COR and go back to the licensing office and collect my new logbook.
Can anyone say for sure what is the what forward for me?

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Im in a similar situation. I bought a vehicle last year and the disc was going to expire in 2 months.i neglected to renew it and now that i want to get it transferred on my name, the owner seems to have disappeared. From what i was told, he handed in the forms to the licensing office to get the vehicle off his name. I went to a COR place nearby and they said i need the owners proof of address and a registered copy of hisI ID.

another friend says i dont need that bcos its been taken off his name...all i have to do is go to the lincensing office and pay the penalties for late registration...then i have to do the COR and go back to the licensing office and collect my new logbook.
Can anyone say for sure what is the what forward for me?
Hope and pray that the seller does not become insolvent.

That's the easiest way to get slackers who do not register the car on their own name after a sale. You just call them up and tell them that you've fallen on hard times, your debt counselor recommends sequestration, expect a visit from the sheriff. Works like a charm.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I don't understand how anyone can get themselves into this sort of trouble. I've bought and sold many cars and motorbikes over the years and have never had a problem with an old vehicle still being in my name. It's so simple. If you're the seller and you want to protect yourself against the buyer not registering the car into his name, you HAVE to get the yellow form and get the buyer to sign it. Then you (the seller) sign it and take it to your licensing department and they remove you as the owner of the vehicle and absolve you of any further responsibility for the vehicle. This is what the yellow form was designed for, to exactly stop this sort of problem from happening.

Often however you will go to hand in the yellow form and the buyer will have already registered it in his name, and the licensing department will tell you there's no need for it.