Can't seem to get my NAT type fixed on my PS4

TrippiNBeaveR

Good day guys. First post on my broadband.

Hard to think I can't find a answer for this online. I have a RAIN LTE sim and a huawei B315 Router. I have now done the following and im still on NAT Type 3. Cant party chat, strugling with apex server conection and the COD 2v2 Alfa.
  • Assigned a static IP to my PS4
  • Used Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)
  • Declared the PS4's IP as a DMZ
  • Enabled uPnP
  • Disabled firewall
I asked The rain Tech if the RAIN APN was an unrestricted APN and they said that it was. Anything else I can do on my end or is it on the ISP's end or is there something that I am doing wrong still?

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Can you test another SIM on the router?

If you get a different result then RAIN is lying

EDIT : or not if Vodacom or any other has a restricted APN

Last edited:

TrippiNBeaveR

I can not do that test at the moment. To my knowledge Telkom is the only network with an unrestricted APN by defualt and I do not have one of those at the moment.

But theoretically my router should be set up correctly?

cavedog

Honorary Master
The issue is not with your router. Rain and Telkom uses CGN (Carrier Grade NAT) You will see in your router you get a 10.x.x.x ip as the WAN IP. This is where the problem lies. With Telkom when you change the APN to Unrestricted you get a 41.x.x.x or 102.x.x.x ip as the WAN IP in the router so when you set DMZ to the IP of your console IP you will see the NAT type as open.

Use a Telkom prepaid sim with a Mo Nice bundle to game online and use Rain simcard for updating/downloading games

this_is_ray

Good day guys. First post on my broadband.

Hard to think I can't find a answer for this online. I have a RAIN LTE sim and a huawei B315 Router. I have now done the following and im still on NAT Type 3. Cant party chat, strugling with apex server conection and the COD 2v2 Alfa.
  • Assigned a static IP to my PS4
  • Used Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)
  • Declared the PS4's IP as a DMZ
  • Enabled uPnP
  • Disabled firewall
I asked The rain Tech if the RAIN APN was an unrestricted APN and they said that it was. Anything else I can do on my end or is it on the ISP's end or is there something that I am doing wrong still?

I am going through the same issue... Have you managed to resolve this?

i cant even access my friends list, throws up an error regarding DNS servers etc...
Connection test shows a NAT type 3