Generator √
Petrol √
Syphoning hose ;)
Gas bottles √

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You forgot the sniper rifle and water cannon for keeping the crazed fans at bay. :D
I edited out the reference to the 2010 wc - I doubt we're going to get it if eskom doesnt get their act in gear.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I edited out the reference to the 2010 wc - I doubt we're going to get it if eskom doesnt get their act in gear.
I knew it was getting really bad when I saw they were talking to Zim to get power. :eek:

If we do get it it'll be like that World Cup Rugby match in PE when the lights went out. :D

oober

Expert Member
Haha and just last week they said that there should be no more black outs because they have made the repairs and things are working again.

This week they go back on that and say there might be blackouts anyway. :sick:

kaspaas

Expert Member
The more strain one puts on a system, the more failures can be expected.

Expect that Eskom will have plenty of power station failures in the future just because they are trying to get more out of them than can be obtained running them with decent maintanance programmes.

Paul_S

Expert Member
Hook it up to the grid and charge eskom for the capacity.
They do that in the USA.
If you generate power you can supply the local grid and you get credited for it.
If we were allowed to do that here some people might turn it into a small enterprise.

For South Africa to pull through the electricity crisis, he said, "we need to change behaviour; cut out wasteful use of electricity".
These bland statements are a real irritation to me.
Can someone please explain what is considered wasteful use of electricity?
Is boiling a kettle considered wasteful?
Should we go back to camp fires in order to heat water?
Maybe only shower or bath every two or three days?

Last edited:

dlk001

Executive Member
So, I must now sympathize with Eskom when the CEO earns an enormous salary? If they are serious about saving, they must reduce the management's salaries.

Its not just about consumers wasting electricity, its about Eskom's inabilities to run forward modelling to look at various "what if scenarios" and plan accordingly.