Cape Town Cyclist Killed, Another injured

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
A Cape Town cyclist was killed and another injured when they were hit by a vehicle in Muizenberg, it was reported on Wednesday.

Emergency medical services spokeswoman Keri Davids told the Cape Times that a man was declared dead on Prince George Drive on Tuesday and a seriously injured woman was taken to hospital.

Pedal Power Association member Noel van Zyl urged cyclists and motorists to be tolerant and adhere to the rules of the road.

His son Andrew was killed in an accident in Milnerton nine years ago.

"I think it is about the behaviour of both sides. Motorists and cyclists need to work together to solve the problem of cyclists being knocked down," he said.

He said more cycle lanes were needed in Cape Town.

Source : Sapa /je/ma/ks
Date : 03 Apr 2013 08:05

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I hope you guys feel bad now... you ALL killed this dude.... :rolleyes:

Keeper

Honorary Master
Did the vehicle drive into the bike lane or how did it happen?

Devill

Damned
Pedal Power Association member Noel van Zyl urged cyclists and motorists to be tolerant and adhere to the rules of the road.

1) Sorry to hear about the accident.

2) Fscking cyclists need to learn to THINK (ie Do not cycle next to each other....). And yes some motorists do need to learn to calm the hell down.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I was driving to Houtbay on Saturday, and on Rhodes drive (that road from Kirstenbosch to Houtbay, I think it is Rhodes drive) there were numerous cyclists, that road does not even have a shoulder, the yellow line is basically painted where the road surface ends. So no bike lane to speak of. This meant that I had to sit behind cyclists for a ridiculously long time :(

Hemps

Honorary Master
Had a cyclist yesterday in rush hour traffic taking up so much space I had to go into the opposite lane to overtake.

Then 200m down the road some crazy women with baby strapped to her back walking in the middle of the road totally oblivious to oncoming traffic.