Cape Town electricity tariff per KWH

daveza

Honorary Master
I work from home and bill the company for a % of my monthly electricity account.

Now that the tariff has increased and I believe extra levies have been imposed how do I work out how much I charge the company per KWH ?

I'm on Cape Town electricity, not Eskom.

I have an inverter through which power is connected to all my work-related devices with a meter to show my per KWH usage.

Just too complicated for me.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I work from home and bill the company for a % of my monthly electricity account.

Now that the tariff has increased and I believe extra levies have been imposed how do I work out how much I charge the company per KWH ?

I'm on Cape Town electricity, not Eskom.

I have an inverter through which power is connected to all my work-related devices with a meter to show my per KWH usage.

Just too complicated for me.
Should be no different? You bill the company after the fact don't you?

So therefore you simply take money spent on electricity in the past month and average out what you paid per kW.

Then charge accordingly.

But power on the first and log your total units and when you buy again on the first work out what you used and what you paid for it.

daveza

Honorary Master
Should be no different? You bill the company after the fact don't you?

So therefore you simply take money spent on electricity in the past month and average out what you paid per kW.

Then charge accordingly.

But power on the first and log your total units and when you buy again on the first work out what you used and what you paid for it.
I have prepaid which I just top-up when needed.

But the company just pays for the business-use electricity portion which is why the network and devices run through a meter.

I get the total KWH used from the meter, deduct from that the previous month's reading and then bill the company Rx per KWH.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So stop topping up when needed so you can calculate your usage.

Price will always vary otherwise as the rate changes over 600kw per month.

Even more reason not to top up when needed but up front otherwise you pay much more.

Buy 600kw on the first to make sure it’s in the lower tariff.

If you buy R1000 in the first half of the month and another R1000 late in the month you are paying the higher rate for the whole amount.

If you buy R1000 first of the month and only R300 to get to end of the month you pay much less overall.