Capitec Bank and Telkom

lazam

Hi I've purchased Telkom airtime of R249 vua Capitec App on Wednesday 29/04/2020, but till today I haven't received my airtime nor my money back from Capitec I've called and called but they aren't really helping and I've also noticed that many people are experiencing the same thing so what should I do about this kind of treatment?

Attachments

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
How have you noticed many people are experiencing the same thing?

nicroets

I have just logged in here to complain about the same issue. And calling 180 just results in Network Busy signal.

lazam

How have you noticed many people are experiencing the same thing?
I've seen numerous posts on Facebook about this, I mean waiting for my airtime to be loaded for more than a week? This is just not good treatment.

lazam

I have just logged in here to complain about the same issue. And calling 180 just results in Network Busy signal.
I also called Telkom and they told me that they haven't received any payment for my airtime and they just can't give me the airtime that they haven't received any money for.

mozammil09

Check that you type the correct number to send the airtime to in the app, usually buying airtime from the app you get your airtime instantly

lazam

I always used to get it instantly but not this time and yes the numbers are correct Capitec also asked me that and i gave them the number and they confirmed they are correct number but still they couldn't help me get my money back it's been full 7 days now

japster79

I had the exact problem, and have not up to now received either the airtime nor the money back. it has been more then 7 days now.

lazam

Same here and I'm starting to doubt if I'm going to get anything they Scammed me

nicroets

I'm also waiting for my airtime (or a refund) totaling R100 (See above). Now I buy my airtime through Takealot.

We should just keep bumping this issue here and on sites like Hello Peter. At some point Capitec will see the profits from these transactions dried up and start an audit. (I guess Capitec makes 4% on them)

nicroets

SMS just in "Capitec: You recently bought 8ta prepaid. It was unsuccessful due to a problem on their side. Your account will be refunded as soon as possible."

supersunbird

Honorary Master
SMS just in "Capitec: You recently bought 8ta prepaid. It was unsuccessful due to a problem on their side. Your account will be refunded as soon as possible."
Believable that it's a problem on Telkoms side, look how Telkom struggled to do Tyme Bank debit orders.