• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Capped vs Uncapped

Good morning :D

So I need your opinions please. Last week I ordered a Telkom Line along with an ADSL Package (4mbps ADSL Line) - Uncapped ADSL. But what I would like to know; I am an online game player (PS4) however, I only play one game (DC Universe Online) will Uncapped ADSL work fine for this online game, or should I rather have went with an Capped package?

Last year before I moved I had Capped ADSL with WebAfrica (150GB p/m) and the game worked fine. This time I thought I would try Uncapped ADSL - according to Telkom, Uncap with only throttle at 300GB.

I hope you guys can help me with this one

Thank You

MJP

Raaz1zn

I get true down of about 400kbps and up of about 40kbps on that package. Don't know if that is sufficient for you but would consider a fixed lte deal from Rain. If u are brave then consider Cell C as well.

Devinity

I used to have a Telkom uncapped line and had no issues gaming. I only changed to capped as I wasn't playing much anymore and not using much data.

Beyond.Celsus

Uncapped only if you game a lot.
I do and the steam downloads lately are massive.

New AAA titles range from 60GB average upwards. Then you need cap for online as well.
With gaming comes twitch and youtube too.
Capped just does not do it for me.

Your situation depends really, as you play on a console so your downloads may be less.
Unless you decide to go the digital route and buy games on the PSN store and download them instead of getting a physical copy.

I would still stay uncapped. Whose to say you might not change you gaming habits in the future? Or get a PC
More options with uncapped

Gallodeep

Good morning :D

So I need your opinions please. Last week I ordered a Telkom Line along with an ADSL Package (4mbps ADSL Line) - Uncapped ADSL. But what I would like to know; I am an online game player (PS4) however, I only play one game (DC Universe Online) will Uncapped ADSL work fine for this online game, or should I rather have went with an Capped package?

Last year before I moved I had Capped ADSL with WebAfrica (150GB p/m) and the game worked fine. This time I thought I would try Uncapped ADSL - according to Telkom, Uncap with only throttle at 300GB.

I hope you guys can help me with this one

Thank You

MJP
Dude you’ll be fine just make sure that no one is Netflix while you playing