Car clearance

Lukyyy

My friends car was stolen then recovered, it still has the S mark. He wants a clearance however he lost the car documents, how should he proceed and do you know if he can get a copy of the car papers and where?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
My friends car was stolen then recovered, it still has the S mark. He wants a clearance however he lost the car documents, how should he proceed and do you know if he can get a copy of the car papers and where?
Yes you can get a copy of the original registration certificate from your licensing office.

Pitbull

Verboten
What a farking mess of note!

We had a Golf many years ago. Stolen and then recovered. Insurance fixed it and all was fine. Till the license renewal came up. Then the dreaded S mark was on system. We had issues with it for another 3 years and then just sold it off. Not worth the hassle. Good luck, he will need it!

RedViking

Honorary Master
I don't care how awesome my car is. If it got stolen I hope to never get it back. Must really suck having to get the papers/system right again.

Friends of mine got their car stolen. The Trackers found it in good condition, took photos and send it to the police. The police got the car and torn it apart. It was a wreck, thanks to the Police.