Car got into accident and the body is damaged but the engine is still intact

quovadis

Expert Member
He has the car in his possession, so he knows the engine works because he probably started it.
And my response was to Mightyquin who said that even if it turns over doesn't mean it's not damaged hence why I brought up the assessors report?

Neuk_

Expert Member
If you could find a body you are in for a world of admin and paperwork getting it road legal and cleared with your finance house. I am still keen to hear what happened and why insurance denied the claim.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
If you could find a body you are in for a world of admin and paperwork getting it road legal and cleared with your finance house. I am still keen to hear what happened and why insurance denied the claim.
Indeed everyone is waiting.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Take it to one of the backyard panel shops in Chatsworth/Phoenix. Coupla grand to repair it but shoddy work.

Craig

Honorary Master
I'm very sure they can't jusy add you to their insurance anymore. You have to agree. Many people say they'll send proof of insurance and just never do.
Yes they do, had a fight with Absa a few months ago because they sent me an email in season time so I didn't see it, just saw an extra R700 going off and called them about that. they said it's for insurance since I didn't reply. Got my money back once I sent the proof of insurance they, had to call a few times to get my money back though.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Yes they do, had a fight with Absa a few months ago because they sent me an email in season time so I didn't see it, just saw an extra R700 going off and called them about that. they said it's for insurance since I didn't reply. Got my money back once I sent the proof of insurance they, had to call a few times to get my money back though.
This they do and it's against the Short-Term Insurance act. They cannot just insure something without doing a full interaction with the client ie Needs analysis etc.

I would nail them to the wall if they ever tried that with me but there again my vehicles are insured so it won't ever come to that.

quovadis

Expert Member
The assessors report won't be of any more use. They walk around the car twice in a case like this and go. Jip it's fscked. Write off.
Yeah that's not how it works. Based on the photos of the vehicle a repairer would quote for the repair of the vehicle. An assessor would then adjust/assess the quotation of the repair and based on that report the insurer will determine if the vehicle is written off or not. You have to quantify the damage and condition and salvage value if it's unable to be repaired otherwise the insured would be prejudiced.

Craig

Honorary Master
This they do and it's against the Short-Term Insurance act. They cannot just insure something without doing a full interaction with the client ie Needs analysis etc.

I would nail them to the wall if they ever tried that with me but there again my vehicles are insured so it won't ever come to that.
Yeah, it was just less hassle to send them my policy instead of fighting, not really worth the time.

I'm also curious as to what happened with this car, can't figure what would cause that kind of damage, looks like somebody went at it with some or other tool. Wonder if he didn't cheat and then a lover went ape on that car.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Yeah, it was just less hassle to send them my policy instead of fighting, not really worth the time.

I'm also curious as to what happened with this car, can't figure what would cause that kind of damage, looks like somebody went at it with some or other tool. Wonder if he didn't cheat and then a lover went ape on that car.
Traditional insurance on a vehicle is all risks so as long as the culprit isn't insured on the same policy it would be covered.

The OP's silence could be causing him great financial loss which might not be applicable.

Craig

Honorary Master
Traditional insurance on a vehicle is all risks so as long as the culprit isn't insured on the same policy it would be covered.

The OP's silence could be causing him great financial loss which might not be applicable.
OP, sharing is caring. Some here might be able to assist with valuable advice.

quovadis

Expert Member

From the photos I'd guess there was some form of rear or rear driver side quarter impact which resulted in the vehicle going over an island, pavement or obstruction and hitting a barrier of some kind on the passenger side bringing it to a standstill.

Craig

Honorary Master
Maybe he is afraid MightyQuin is going to tear him to pieces, I will negotiate with OP if you guys promise to put MightyQuin on a leash.
Every thread should at least one fool, otherwise it wouldn't be a MyBB thread. We can tolerate one, if there's a second one we can rip that one a new arsehole.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Every thread should at least one fool, otherwise it wouldn't be a MyBB thread. We can tolerate one, if there's a second one we can rip that one a new arsehole.
So, can i join in ?