Car insurance prices and quoting systems tested

Crowley

Executive Member
Until you claim…
Personal experience or a friend's aunt's sister told your cousin at a braai once?

I had to claim from King Price on a Audi A5 in October 2020. The assesor took a few days to go out and once he decided the car was a write off the car was settled with the bank and the excess money was in my account within a week.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Great experience with Naked so far as well, Outsurance quotes bordered on ridiculous, for me anyway.
Ditto for both. Not sure how Outsurance is still in business, maybe people who are clients for RMI / RMB companies get a whopping discount.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
One decent insurer and thats the benchmark but OMI has ridiculous excesses.

grantduke

Damn! That's some heavy expensive premiums. I'm then super happy with my zero excess + car hire premium with Brolink (Underwritten by Santam) and also had to claim because of construction next door, which splashed concrete onto my car. Claim was approved the same day still

grantduke

@Jan What was the age of the driver? Also, for how long has said driver had his/her driver's license.

Tman*

Expert Member
Until you claim…
I love those watercooler conversations. Yano discovery (replace with company x,y,z) is such an epic insurance company.

Have you ever lodged a claim?

No, but they do a great job at keeping them premiums low-awesome

Lupus

Honorary Master
Outsurane did a piss poor job of repairing the car door which should really have been a replacement. They will cut corners just where they can.
A lot of the bigger more known ones do this, had auto and general use pirate parts on my Astra back in the day. It looked horrible

Tman543

Who takes a R10,000 excess!

Be wise, use a broker.
It makes sense if you only want to claim after a bad accident rather than every scratch that happens every second week at the shopping mall.

Nuro

Expert Member
I had a household and vehicle claim with King Price, no complaints. Service level was reasonable and time to settle was quick. Touch wood.