Car sharing service to launch in SA

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
So if I am done using it, can I just get out, anywhere, and leave it there?
Locomuters have around-the-clock access to a pool of vehicles located within designated zones, called Locoparks.

So I assume you leave it at your nearest park?

Tander

Executive Member
Pretty cool idea and I can see lots of uses for it. Hope it works out for these guys.

DRou

You only pay for the exact amount of time you use the vehicle. Fuel, insurance, and parking are all included, and one-way trips are allowed.
It doesn't hurt to have such a service as it adds variety, but there must be some fuel limit which they haven't revealed yet.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Downloaded app yesterday and registered yesterday. Told I would be contacted.

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
Locomuters have around-the-clock access to a pool of vehicles located within designated zones, called Locoparks.

So I assume you leave it at your nearest park?
Then it's not really useful, how do you get from the Park to your house (as an example)

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Then it's not really useful, how do you get from the Park to your house (as an example)
I'm thinking the same. You can't go home with the car. You have to "release" it at a Locopark or a public parking spot.

Flaw if you ask me.

Bismuth

Expert Member
I'm thinking the same. You can't go home with the car. You have to "release" it at a Locopark or a public parking spot.

Flaw if you ask me.
The "release" part won't really work for me either at this stage. The concept is great, and I hope it works for them.

There could be times I would use something like this though, will see. But the same goes for Uber, so yeah.

B

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Doubt this will be around in 12 months time.

Hi There,

Welcome to the LocoMovement!

We have received your on-line application. The LOCOMUTE MOBILE Android App is available from the Google Play store for FREE. You can also visit our website, WWW.Locomute.co.za should you require more information.

Our LocoCrew will contact you within the coming week to complete the membership process.

Thank you.

RichardG

Honorary Master
Doubt this will be around in 12 months time.
I find Uber to be cheaper than this service offering. It's an inconvenience to drop off the vehicle at a Loco Park designated for the next user - example if I wanna drive to the mall to do some shopping I will be charged when the car is stationary parked or worst home is 5 KM

What i like about Uber you get some drivers who have everything at their disposal if you airtime,water , fizzy drinks or red bull. One driver was so prepared he even had homemade sandwiches the best I have ever tasteD...... his wife now does all the catering for us whenever we have a function. ..