Car suggestion for 3 carseats

crudler

Hi All,
Pulling in advice anywhere I can at the moment.
Thinking we were to be blessed with our 2nd child, it turns out we are getting our 3rd thrown in as well :)

So now this has opened a can of worms, I now need a car that can fit 3 car seats (kiddie #1 is only 3yrs old)

So just throwing this out there, anyone in this forum in a similar circumstance and driving a car that fits 3 car seats? What do you recommend / not recommend.

also should be noted - VERY budget concious.

Thanks!
Craig

Last edited:

roddyp

Why not go for 2 seats and a booster seat? At 3 years, you can progress to a booster. Takes less space and might be the solution?

ost

Problem is that if you have proper isofix child seats they sit more toward the centre.

With two seats fixed in the space in the centre is about half. If you going to use conventional seats (without ISOFIX) then any car with three 3 point seat belts in the rear should be okay.

Apart from that you will need to go for a proper 7 seater

Pitbull

Verboten
Hi All,
Pulling in advice anywhere I can at the moment.
Thinking we were to be blessed with our 2nd child, it turns out we are getting our 3rd thrown in as well :)

So now this has opened a can of worms, I now need a car that can fit 3 car seats (kiddie #1 is only 3yrs old)

So just throwing this out there, anyone in this forum in a similar circumstance and driving a car that fits 3 car seats? What do you recommend / not recommend.

also should be noted - VERY budget concious.

Thanks!
Craig

Congrats on the twins.

God help you, you will need it :D

I have a set of twin Daughters and they are nothing but a pleasure. The first 6-8 months though...

crudler

Why not go for 2 seats and a booster seat? At 3 years, you can progress to a booster. Takes less space and might be the solution?

Agree with you there. but my 3yr old is a small 3 yr old. she is at least a year away from being the right weight for a booster

crudler

Problem is that if you have proper isofix child seats they sit more toward the centre.

With two seats fixed in the space in the centre is about half. If you going to use conventional seats (without ISOFIX) then any car with three 3 point seat belts in the rear should be okay.

Apart from that you will need to go for a proper 7 seater
Non isofix - from what I hear the kicker is that it musn't just be 3 full seats, but some of them have raised sides which steals some usable real estate. but thats a good suggestion actually, ill start first by looking around for 3 full seats. Maybe like a 2nd hand focus... definitely cant afford a 7 seater

ost

Yeah

Just remember that babies under 9kg they should be in rear facing seats, less strain from the movement of the vehicle and also safer.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Slightly off topic I know; but you have one (small) kid & now you have another *two* on the way.

I have one (almost 3) & yet for me that's plenty; I'm "done"...

Surely there are ppl out there who feel *one* kid is "plenty"...

kanzen

Fiat Multipla, if you're not so worried about looks.

mult_9.jpg

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Slightly off topic I know; but you have one (small) kid & now you have another *two* on the way.

I have one (almost 3) & yet for me that's plenty; I'm "done"...

Surely there are ppl out there who feel *one* kid is "plenty"...

We have two kids.
One per parent I think is enough and what OP was originally aiming for.