• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Carbon Fiber Car Products

Hey Guys & Girls,

I'm looking into the production of Carbon Fiber parts (Front lips, Canards, Spoilers, Mirror covers etc). At first for my own vehicle as test pieces and possibly looking into expanding there after, currently I'm finding it hard to find high quality Carbon fiber with tight weaves and I wonder if there are any good local suppliers in Durban or Kzn?

I'm also looking for a company to create molds as well?

ubercal

Expert Member
Hey Guys & Girls,

I'm looking into the production of Carbon Fiber parts (Front lips, Canards, Spoilers, Mirror covers etc). At first for my own vehicle as test pieces and possibly looking into expanding there after, currently I'm finding it hard to find high quality Carbon fiber with tight weaves and I wonder if there are any good local suppliers in Durban or Kzn?

I'm also looking for a company to create molds as well?
Have you tried carbon sport i JHB ? http://www.carbon-sport.co.za/

Thanks for the link I've checked them out, great range of products but I'm looking for the actual carbon fiber fabric. I want to start producing my own high quality parts, possibly replicating existing parts and creating new parts from scratch.

Do you perhaps know of any other companies with similar ranges and/or a company that sells consumables to make carbon fiber parts.

carbon composites.
Harper Sports cars also make their own CF.

Edit, Carbon Composites seems to have changed their name to http://amtcomposites.co.za/
I've actually bought supplies from them a few times and the Fabric is of a poor quality, the salesperson had said its low quality locally produced. I do recommend them to anyone interested, good service and honesty which can be hard to find.

Nevertheless if I do persue this endeavor quality will be essential and the fabric they have is not up to imported standards, there must be a good local supplier?

Last edited: