Beri

Expert Member
Correct response......
Let us see if he can act when he has the facts

Ispy

Bureaucrats should not play politics!

DoC officials ethics investigation: Minister responds

Yunus Carrim has issued a statement regarding senior Department of Communications officials implicated in Dina Pule’s corruption scandal

Bureaucrats should survive changes of Ministers and even changes of regime, if they stay out of politics of patronage and JUST DO THEIR ADMINISTRATION JOBS.

I am disappointed at Sam Vilakazi, as he is a highly qualified and seemingly humble Civil servant, and must have been pressured into this position. As for Phiri, he should be in politics not civil service !

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
The question any intrepid or budding tech journalist should be asking is whether the Minister intends investigating the Roy Kruger fellow who was an intimate advisor to the Minister. Oom Roy is not to my knowledge a public servant and doesn't I believe fall within any PSC investigation.

Beri

Expert Member
He is on parliament tv and he is as smooth as oil.....

j4ck455

Executive Member
The question any intrepid or budding tech journalist should be asking is whether the Minister intends investigating the Roy Kruger fellow who was an intimate advisor to the Minister. Oom Roy is not to my knowledge a public servant and doesn't I believe fall within any PSC investigation.

Do you mean an investigation is needed to determine exactly how Roy Kruger was approved and compensated as a consultant to the Department of Corruption?

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I am more interested in how much he was compensated and what value was derived from his consulting. I'd further want to know whether he was exclusively consulting the Minister or the was it also the Department and then if so whether the applicable laws of the public service applied.

We already know that the DoC is/was quite bad at attributing skills to people:
Paul Huji ICT Policy Analyst

[unfortunately despite indicating that they consulted I didn't get any fee :( and I doubt that the brief correspondence was really a consultation]

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Paul Huji ICT Policy Analyst

[unfortunately despite indicating that they consulted I didn't get any fee :( and I doubt that the brief correspondence was really a consultation]
Send invoice for a 5k per hour. If questioned, state that the details are privileged information and must remain a secret to protect the parties involved and core components of designated national infrastructure.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
lol, my politicians and corporate rate is only 1.5k per hour

although I often tell them that they are being stupid for free

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
lol, my politicians and corporate rate is only 1.5k per hour

although I often tell them that they are being stupid for free
You see there is your problem right there. Its like lies - go big or go home.

You tell them 5k. They say "What? 5K?". You respond..."Correct. This of course excludes travel claims and necessary sundry expenses incurred from time to time". Wear a suit. Don't smile, especially not if the laugh. People lose their ability to laugh really fast when faced with an ice cold dude in a suit.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
you see that is why I need a manager

Anyway back to the topic - unless you know somebody wanting to rope in a consultant - I really am hopeful for the Minister and I believe that notwithstanding Pule's grubby influence and the rot at the DoC that if the Minister gets a handle on one or two things and lets ICASA do their job independently (without a perverse threat of being undermined and hampered) and gives the ICT Policy Review Committee the support it needs (afterall they are one or two geniuses short :)) magic can happen.