Cars reportedly stolen during Mall of Africa launch

Zukat

Expert Member
On the bright side they saved R200 on that toaster they always wanted...

smallearth

Expert Member
Whe the f... do people get so worked up over a 'special'? Even if I wanted a TV and could save R2000 on it I wouldn't wade into that mess and queue for several hours. My time and sanity is worth far more than that.

maumau

Honorary Master
Wild horses couldn't drag me to an event like that.

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Credit cards FTW !!!!

The debt trap continues to grow bigger.....

skimread

Honorary Master
People were parking outside everywhere illegally in the road even. There cars were most likely just towed away.

Petec

Expert Member
Bwahahahaha, I don't know who the forum member was that said this was going to happen, but he SO called it :)

Viper25

Expert Member
Whe the f... do people get so worked up over a 'special'? Even if I wanted a TV and could save R2000 on it I wouldn't wade into that mess and queue for several hours. My time and sanity is worth far more than that.

Not everyone earns as much as you. :eek:
A R500 saving for someone that is earning R3000, for example, is alot of money.

GrammatonCleric

The same thing happened when Makro Carnival opened on the 20th.

It leads me to believe that people either:

- Don't read the news
- Think they're not at risk of this happening to them
- Don't care as their vehicles are insured?

...coupled with the ignorance that we're technically in a recession and Standards and Poors is inevitably going to downgrade our credit rating.

But seriously, how many brain-cells does it take to think about the possibility of your vehicle being stolen while you're shopping? What if you've bought big items such as washing machines, fridges, TVs etc. only to find you have no vehicle after spending an entire day in a shopping center?

*sigh*

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
But seriously, how many brain-cells does it take to think about the possibility of your vehicle being stolen while you're shopping? What if you've bought big items such as washing machines, fridges, TVs etc. only to find you have no vehicle after spending an entire day in a shopping center?

*sigh*

Yep. Makes for fun & frantic phone calls :D