Case for "American flu"

surface

Executive Member
So, as per history, disease spread from spain to france and because there was no news censorship in spain that time, newspapers in spain reported more cases and earned the title Spanish flu.

Can we call covid-19 American flu? Spread from China to America - more reporting in America than in China as there is news censorship in china. Situation seems similar to me.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Just to add, COVID-19 is casually called Chinese Flu (or Kung Flu) by the West. H2N2 was known as Asian Flu.

Grant

Honorary Master
So, as per history, disease spread from spain to france . . and earned the title Spanish flu.

Can we call covid-19 American flu? Spread from China to America . . .
that would make it - Chinese flu

Alan

Honorary Master
Can we call covid-19 American flu? Spread from China to America - more reporting in America than in China as there is news censorship in china. Situation seems similar to me.
It spread mostly from Europe to America hence the European Virus.....

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, in an apparent response to President Trump’s references to the Chinese virus, has been calling coronavirus the “European virus,” because most of New York’s cases came from China via Europe, not directly from China, after restrictions on flights from China announced in late January. But people elsewhere in America might just as well call it the “New York virus,” given that — as the New York Times reported this month — the vast majority of cases across the nation came by way of New York.

Vorastra

Expert Member
lol, anything to get Trump, hey guys. Usual suspects on MyBB.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
So, as per history, disease spread from spain to france and because there was no news censorship in spain that time, newspapers in spain reported more cases and earned the title Spanish flu.

No
read the label, Made in China