Cash Crusaders horrible service & products sold (new)

Iamnotageek

So my birthday was on the 9th October. My girlfriend buys me this...

Rippa.jpg Wonderful keyboard and mouse. Plug it in, I notice when pressing the "u" key, the "j" gets pressed with it.

Jump in my car, go to Cash Crusaders in Goodwood Mall Cape Town. Tell a salesperson my story that I just want it exchanged for another unit. The same one. So rude, speaks to me like I'm not there. ( Like when someone is working on something and doesn't even make eye contact ).

Tells me there is no warranty and it cannot be exchanged. Product was purchased on 6th Oct, today is 10 oct when I went in there. I have my slip and everything. Tells me the person who bought it must come and exchange it. I told him #@%#$@$@ no.

Ask to speak to a Manager. Reluctantly, he points me to the office. Another employee comes out and tells me on new stock there is NO warranty.

Now help me out here, how the motherless can you sell NEW stuff and give NO warranty? No really, I want to know.

Long story short Manager comes out, tells me there is no warranty. I walk out.

Get home, MacGyver the crap outta the keyboard, fixed. ( The key was just a bit stuck ).

Am I wrong here in feeling really upset that they sell new stuff with NO warranty?

Am I wrong in being denied an exchange of a product that's practically brand new?

I will NEVER buy stuff there ever. Really I won't. I wanted to get one of those new Doogee cell phones by them, no ways that is happening now.

./rant

Iamnotageek

Well luckily I got the keyboard working. But sheesh, no warranty? Wow.

I'll avoid those stores like the plague.

P.S. Doogee phones bad?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Whatever you do, do not get these phones.
My nieces one isn't doing to badly and she's had it about a year.
Also the manager was talking crap, their new goods have a 12 month warranty, I've bought a few new things from them, I think only speakers and headphones might be 6 months. Second hand normally only has 6 months.

dews

P.S. Doogee phones bad?
The Doogee's does come with spyware so you need to mod it, but hardwarewise they are good. And Cheap.

rh1

The office of the consumer protector is your answer. 1 in each province. The office in the Western Cape assisted me and resolved two cases.

Milano

Honorary Master

View attachment 563949 Wonderful keyboard and mouse. Plug it in, I notice when pressing the "u" key, the "j" gets pressed with it.

Jump in my car, go to Cash Crusaders in Goodwood Mall Cape Town. Tell a salesperson my story that I just want it exchanged for another unit. The same one. So rude, speaks to me like I'm not there. ( Like when someone is working on something and doesn't even make eye contact ).

Tells me there is no warranty and it cannot be exchanged. Product was purchased on 6th Oct, today is 10 oct when I went in there. I have my slip and everything. Tells me the person who bought it must come and exchange it. I told him #@%#$@$@ no.

Ask to speak to a Manager. Reluctantly, he points me to the office. Another employee comes out and tells me on new stock there is NO warranty.

Now help me out here, how the motherless can you sell NEW stuff and give NO warranty? No really, I want to know.

Get home, MacGyver the crap outta the keyboard, fixed. ( The key was just a bit stuck ).

Am I wrong here in feeling really upset that they sell new stuff with NO warranty?

Am I wrong in being denied an exchange of a product that's practically brand new?

I will NEVER buy stuff there ever. Really I won't. I wanted to get one of those new Doogee cell phones by them, no ways that is happening now.

./rant
www.cashcrusaders.co.za/about/warranty

Warranty Policy
We request you return out of box faulty goods during the first 7 day period which will be replaced, refunded or repaired at our cost subject to the following exclusions. NB: Credits, exchanges or repairs of any item may only be issued if the customer was not aware of the defect at the time of purchase AND once a suitably qualified service centre has confirmed that a malfunction is a result of a pre-existing defect and not due to customer abuse, misuse or lightening damage which invalidates the Warranty. Cash Crusaders retail merchandise is intended and guaranteed for Household/ DIY/ Recreational use only.

Warranty Policy Exclusions

Any physical alteration to goods purchased will invalidate the Warranty, this includes:

• Changing the power cord or factory fitted plug; and Installation of any additional software and applications loaded or viruses transferred onto personal computers, laptops or mobile devices such as iPods, MP3 players or cellphones voids the Warranty on product.
  • You must follow any instructions for safe and proper use given by the staff member or accompanying the goods.
  • Consumables like bulbs, batteries, guitar strings etc are not guaranteed.
  • Sporting goods are sold in their specific condition and because we cannot test these, cannot be guaranteed. Please inspect these thoroughly before purchasing.
  • If there is a problem with original pre-installed software, CDs, Playstation, X-Box, PSP, DS Lite & Nintendo Wii Games; DVDs; PC Games and Video tapes you must notify us within 48 hours of purchase that you will return it.
  • PC Games are only guaranteed to work on a stand alone PC not Internet networked. New amplifiers and new speakers must be used with appropriately matched speaker pairs only (speak to your salesperson for a complete list of which amplifiers suit which speakers).
  • DVD players must be used to play original disks only. No "read error" Warranty claims will be entertained for user recorded discs.
  • New Car Sound and Vision Equipment is only guaranteed if installed by a qualified VAT registered installation Company.
  • 2nd Hand Petrol motors (lawnmowers; quad bikes; generators; chain saws) must be started up in the store and guaranteed for 48 hours.
  • Please retain your till slip to validate your Warranty

Sweevo

Honorary Master

P.S. Doogee phones bad?
I bought a cheapie car bluetooth adapter from them. Worked for a month or two, went back (was under warranty), spent the next few months away then arrived back and didn't work right out the box. I wrote it off to experience. I won't touch their own branded anything.

Milano

Honorary Master
Tells me the person who bought it must come and exchange it.
So besides being BS that does not reconcile with there being no warranty.

As per my above post, while they conveniently fail to mention the length of the warranty, you were still within the first 7 days anyway.

Oh yeah, belated happy birthday!

Sumen

Expert Member

View attachment 563949 Wonderful keyboard and mouse. Plug it in, I notice when pressing the "u" key, the "j" gets pressed with it.

./rant
You get 6 months warranty even if they say they have no warranty.

Iamnotageek

Thx a lot for all the replies guys. Yea I think that Manager or those employees were not very well informed regarding the store they work for's Return Policy.

Thank goodness the keyboard is working nicely now, and the mouse. But yes, I won't buy anything from them.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Hit them personally on social media. Even though you can't be indemnified after mcguivering it's just both right and they must answer.