Cash Heist at FNB Stadium after Bieber Concert

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
JOHANNESBURG: Eyewitness News can reveal that criminals pulled off a carefully planned, sophisticated heist at the FNB Stadium in Soweto just hours after the Justin Bieber concert on Sunday.

They made off with the cash takings from the weekend.

FNB Stadium was on lockdown on Monday as police, forensic experts and security company officials searched for clues into the daring heist.

The suspects used ropes and chiselled away at double-thick walls into the safe room.

Using ropes, they lowered themselves through the hole down a three metre drop.

The suspects managed to make off with cash without being detected.

Stadium Management and concert promoters only became aware of the break-in on Monday morning.

Officials believe this was a carefully planned operation as those responsible chiselled away at the wall for several days.

It is still not clear how much money was taken.

Source: http://ewn.co.za/2013/05/13/FIRST-ON-EWN-Cash-heist-at-FNB-Stadium

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Wait, so the safe in the venue is accessible from a place that isn't actively monitored, and the safe itself isn't actively monitored?!?!?!

Garson007

Honorary Master
Ignorant question: Are cash takings at such an event insured? Is it possible to?

Electron1

Expert Member
Seems very well planned - If the report is correct, these criminals seem to have executed a well thought out plan and got away with it.

Keegan

Expert Member
Seems very well planned - If the report is correct, these criminals seem to have executed a well thought out plan and got away with it.

+1 they earned it :D Saw an opportunity - took advantage. plus nobody was hurt.

daveza

Honorary Master
Bieber concert, Bon Jovi concert - around 130,000 in total.

Presuming each person spent R50... around 7 million ?

Keegan

Expert Member
There had to be some inside intel,
I mean 1st you have to know where the safe is exactly,
2nd they knew there were no motion sense's etc in the safe...
3rd they were chiseling the hole well before the actual heist so they had to have access to the place,
4th they knew how much to chisel 1cm to deep and I'm sure somebody would've noticed a hole in the roof...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Bieber concert, Bon Jovi concert - around 130,000 in total.

Presuming each person spent R50... around 7 million ?

I would think probably higher actually...

Most people would have spent R100+ on things like drinks and such. Also did they not have ticket sales at the gate? cos that would push the takings up quite considerably...

marine1

Honorary Master
I doubt much cash was actually on the premises, surely the tickets were purchased before hand?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
I doubt much cash was actually on the premises, surely the tickets were purchased before hand?

Tickets are purchased before hand but on the side of refreshments & merchandise I'm sure they got away with a lot of cash especially after 2 back to back shows

F

Fudzy

Tickets are purchased before hand but on the side of refreshments & merchandise I'm sure they got away with a lot of cash especially after 2 back to back shows

Wouldn't most of that money reside with the people who own the stalls? Or does FNB manage everything that goes on inside the stadium?

Greylor

Expert Member
This sickens me. It never ceases to amaze me how low people will go. The sheer brazen depravity is a symptom of a nation that has reached the foulest depths of the swamp of immorality. A sickness has set in that if left unchecked will spell the doom of the rainbow nation.

What kind of a sick bastard gave authorization for a Justin Beiber concert anyway?

Last edited: