Cash-strapped BLF 'not ready' to defend itself in hate speech case

Mista_Mobsta

If they agree, he will be treated like sparrow yes. Fine. But nowhere near as high as hers was.
I highly doubt the courts will penalise him as harshly as with Sparrow/Momberg.
Remember:
A simple word carries with it a heftier sentence than wanting to eradicate people from a certain race...

Let's see if the courts agree...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Sparrow got a fine. Momberg got jail time (which is ridiculous, but that is a dead horse I am tired of flogging). Andile needs some serious jail time. 5+ years at least. He needs to be forgotten.
In theory I agree with you, but I'm also fully aware that chucking Andile into jail will make him a martyr for his cause and that is definitely not something we want....

Pitbull

Verboten
How many votes did BFLF get in the election again?

Relevance of them = 0%

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Equality court is a joke.
I doubt whether the Equality Court would survive if its existence gets challenged constitutionally. This old-flag judgement would probably also be overturned of challenged constitutionally.

Superjakes

Expert Member
I doubt whether the Equality Court would survive if its existence gets challenged constitutionally. This old-flag judgement would probably also be overturned of challenged constitutionally.
My biggest gripe is the amount of taxpayers' money spent on court cases like this. "Sorry, no new hospital for you, but at least you won't have to look at the old flag any longer"

LCBXX

Honorary Master
My biggest gripe is the amount of taxpayers' money spent on court cases like this. "Sorry, no new hospital for you, but at least you won't have to look at the old flag any longer"
This whole farce is a distraction away from other burning issues. You have an ANC-led government who've been failing the very people they've promised to liberate and who are abusing the HRC and Equality Court to entertain whilst they carry on fscking things up.

TysonRoux

Expert Member
Dumb savages.

Court case postponed after BLF fails to arrive at court

The racial hatred case launched by trade union Solidarity against Black First Land First (BLF) and its spokesperson Lindsay Maasdorp was on Thursday postponed until September 17.

Solidarity said the postponement came after the BLF simply ignored the court date for the hearing of the matter, despite papers being served on the party.

Judge Ratha Mokgoathleng ordered that a notice be placed in the Beeld, The Star and Sowetan newspapers because the case was of constitutional importance and the court required the presence of the BLF.

"For Maasdorp and the BLF, this merely postpones the inevitable. Their day of reckoning will come, and it will not be pleasant for them," said Anton van der Bijl, Solidarity’s head of legal services.

Solidarity filed the hate speech complaint against the BLF at the equality court on February 14 2019 after receiving a mandate from the parents of the Hoërskool Driehoek disaster victims.

A walkway collapsed at the school earlier this year, killing four pupils and leaving scores injured.

Solidarity pressed the complaint after BLF spokesperson Lindsay Maasdorp celebrated the deaths of four young white pupils on social media.

Maasdorp wrote: "I would 'mourn' the deaths of the victims if they turned out to be black but 'celebrate' them if they were white."

He further said: "If our God has finally intervened and our ancestors have petitioned and seen that these white land thieves have now died then I definitely celebrate it. I celebrate the death of our enemies, their children, their cats and their dogs. That is our position."

Maasdorp was not immediately available for comment.