Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Naas was one of the best ever. Thanks to politics the world never got to see the best of him. I’ll never forget Jannie Breedt crying on Ellis Park after the one CC final.

I'll never forget Ollie le Roux smoking a cigar on Loftus...

/runs

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
Not given a chance at what level? I'm not sure I understand the point you trying to make. With so many players going abroad and/or injured I think more than ever, players are getting chances! We can't blood them quick enough but you don't experiment or give chances when Springbok caps are the prize. They have to be earned by an individual fit to do the job!
Shake Mashaba the Bafana coach has the gonads to overhaul the team. Four years from now you will see what Bafana will look like. This is what an experienced coach like Heyneke should've done when he was appointed. With Bismarck spending more and more time on the bench, I won't be surprised if HM in keeping with his modus operandi coaxes Smit to swap the desk for the Bok jersey.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
If I'd posted that Okremlin would've cried "troll".

I think a lot of the fans say a lot of nasty things about players' mothers, sisters & daughters during the matches regardless of race. Some of it equally bad or worse so I'm not sure how you would police this. Otherwise this might be akin to Masipa tendencies of finding people guilty of misusing a gun but innocent of actually killing.

sand_man

Honorary Master
This is what an experienced coach like Heyneke should've done when he was appointed. With Bismarck spending more and more time on the bench, I won't be surprised if HM in keeping with his modus operandi coaxes Smit to swap the desk for the Bok jersey.

So that's all HM needs to do to win the next world cup? Bench Bismark and lure Smit out of retirement? Easy, peazy, Lol...

I suppose that Bismark is widely regarded as one of the best hookers currently playing international rugby is immaterial?

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Imagine if Kallis was dropped every time he went through a lean patch or Suarez was dropped every time he took a dive or bit someone?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/Bismarck-to-start-for-Boks-20141001

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Jan Serfontein, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Teboho Mohoje, 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Marcel van der Merwe, 19 Bakkies Botha, 20 Schalk Burger, 21 Cobus Reinach, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 JP Pietersen

Vermeulen is recovering from a rib cartilage injury and if he doesn’t recover in time to face New Zealand, Schalk Burger will start in the No 8 jersey with Warren Whiteley coming onto the bench.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Shake Mashaba the Bafana coach has the gonads to overhaul the team. Four years from now you will see what Bafana will look like. This is what an experienced coach like Heyneke should've done when he was appointed. With Bismarck spending more and more time on the bench, I won't be surprised if HM in keeping with his modus operandi coaxes Smit to swap the desk for the Bok jersey.

I really hope so. I was at the ZA-Côte d'Ivoire match at Soccer City in 97 - the qualifier we had to win - and it was incredible. The jet flew over the stadium. A crowd of 100000 people singing Siyaya iFrance moves you in a way that nothing else can. That is the last time I remember Bafana doing anything impressive in the football world. It would great to see that again. When a nation's pride achieves, the entire nation is uplifted. And BB haven't been our pride for a long time. I do believe that Shakes has the youth, maverick and innovation to pull of a better team - I just hope he is allowed to.

HM, on the opposite end, has a narrow game plan and winning experience. He seems to be sticking to this plan despite it having been read by all our opposition. Maybe he is determined to end his winning streak. Maybe Jake "quit" the sharks to help HM. Worse things could happen.

APoc184

Honorary Master

^ What he said.

Still excited though. This will be only my second All Blacks test ever. First one in the media box as well. And a bonus that it will be at a Sold Out Ellispark.

Will never forget the first one in PE. Heinrich Brussow gave the All Blacks a lesson and was even stitched up after he caught a stray Habana boot to the face. He was man of the match that day.

/aah memories

APoc184

Honorary Master
This is the one.

I get all watery-eyed when I see this guy in a Bok Jersey.

Brussow-v-All-Blacks-PE.jpg

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
^ What he said.

Still excited though. This will be only my second All Blacks test ever. First one in the media box as well. And a bonus that it will be at a Sold Out Ellispark.

Will never forget the first one in PE. Heinrich Brussow gave the All Blacks a lesson and was even stitched up after he caught a stray Habana boot to the face. He was man of the match that day.

/aah memories

I've only seen one SA/NZ game live, and that was years back at Loftus. They trounced us quite thoroughly, leading to most of the crowd leaving the stadium during the 2nd half. All I remember is Christian Cullen ran circles around us and there was a fight in the stands about 3 rows in front of us. :p

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Anyone know where I could find a full replay of the Wallabies game on the net?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Rather a slightly off in the lineouts player, who everyone knows is way better than that and can regain that form, than a steampuff, which is what Strauss is. Just runs around everywhere not really doing anything. As for the absolutely pathetic remark about his brother who is playing like an arse in reverse ...... really? That has no bearing whatsoever on a player and it's stupidity on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.