Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
I wish this game was tonight. Saturday afternoon is too far! Would you rather start mourning a loss on Friday in time to pickup your weekend by Saturday night, or be miserable Saturday&Sunday. Such tight games should be on a Friday. Thank God there's no top EPL games same time.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
We have the worst football fans in world football in my opinion. In that aspect rugby is better in SA. All of them lump themselves to Pirates or Chiefs just for fashionable reasons to avoid being left out, when naturally they are say Swallows or Celtics fans. Not matter how much space SAFA give Mashaba, if for whatever reason the fans decide he must go then he will go. Our soccer fans are powerful. Evrytime players&coaches are moved on because they demand it. Heyneke is very lucky. If he was a soccer coach he would've long gone.

That is partly the reason why the Boks are one of the finest rugby teams in the world and why Bafana Bafana aren't even one of the top-10 best teams on the African continent.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
That is partly the reason why the Boks are one of the finest rugby teams in the world and why Bafana Bafana aren't even one of the top-10 best teams on the African continent.

You reckon? I thought it was because rugby internationals have been happening here unhindered since the 1800s and remains totally untransformed this day; while international football has only been happening since the 1990s made up largely by players pooled from what was essentially the 2nd tier to ensure transformation.

Considering most African states were independent on average 30 yrs before SA - yet Bafana Bafana are one of only 14 nations among a possible 54(?) to have won it - I can't see how you can call it failure. It's overachievement in my book! But what do I know. Let's stick rugby then.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
Boks are one of the finest rugby teams in the world

NB: World="AUS, ENG, WAL, NZ, SCO, IRE, FRA, ARG*, TON, FIJ, SAM"

*Out of generosity the French agreed to donate a team to N&S America so all land masses could be "represented" in the "world".

Werner Harding

NB: World="AUS, ENG, WAL, NZ, SCO, IRE, FRA, ARG*, TON, FIJ, SAM"

*Out of generosity the French agreed to donate a team to N&S America so all land masses could be "represented" in the "world".

See you forgot about Japan, Italy, Georgia, Romania, Canada, USA, Russia, Uruguay, Spain, Namibia, Portugal, Hong Kong, Korea, Germany, Zimbabwe, Chile, Moldova, Belgium, Kenya, Netherlands, Ukraine, Morocco, Poland, Brazil, Paraguay, Tunisia, Czech-Republic, Kazakhstan, Malta, Senegal, Madagascar, Sweden, Switzerland, Cook Islands, Ivory Coast, Sri Lanka, Croatia, Lithuania, Israel, Philippines, Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Cayman, Papua New Guinea, Uganda, Colombia, Singapore, Thailand, Mexico, Chinese Taipei, Andorra, Latvia, Venezuela, Bermuda, China, Hungary, Niue Islands, Solomon Islands, Malaysia, Denmark, Botswana, India, Peru, Cameroon, Barbados, Nigeria, Austria, Jamaica, ST. Vincent & The Grenadines, Pakistan, Serbia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Tahiti, Monaca, Guam, Zambia, Bulgaria, Mauritius, Vanuatu, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bahamas, Norway, Swaziland, Uzbekistan, American Samoa, Indonesia, Unite Arab Emirates, Finland and Greece.

Yes not all of them plays in the RWC but the same with FIFA, not all of them qualify, but all of them play rugby so what was your point exactly?

sand_man

Honorary Master
You reckon? I thought it was because rugby internationals have been happening here unhindered since the 1800s and remains totally untransformed this day; while international football has only been happening since the 1990s

Didnt we win the African cup of nations in 96?

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
We might compete but there is no way we're beating that New Zealand team with this South African one. We lack the skills and the game plan to beat the All Blacks. They will also come at us a lot harder than they did last time. The NZ team don't allow themselves to be pushed by the same opposition twice in a row. That is one of the things that makes them such a great side. They always come back harder, faster and smarter.

APoc184

Honorary Master
24-14 for NZ.

I think we will be in it for 65-70min (perhaps even leading) and then the AB will do to us what we did to AUS.

But of course I will be hoping and silently cheering from within for a Bok win from the media box.

24-14 for NZ.

I think we will be in it for 65-70min (perhaps even leading) and then the AB will do to us what we did to AUS.

But of course I will be hoping and silently cheering from within for a Bok win from the media box.

Do you work in the media that you get to be in there so often?

APoc184

Honorary Master
I won't mind doing it full time. Currently I am just a weekend warrior with a normal day job.

I won't mind doing it full time. Currently I am just a weekend warrior with a normal day job.
I wont even mind doing it once year when we play the AB.

Ive only been to 1 test in my life, in embarrassed to admit, and that was this game 2 years ago at soccer city.

APoc184

Honorary Master
I'm changing my prediction.

Boks to win by 5.

Just found out that an ailing Joost will be leading the Boks onto the field. Think the guys will dedicate this game to him and no way they are going to let him down. No way!

Status
Not open for further replies.