Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replay

Executive Member
This is what I don't understand....when there's suddenly something/someone to play for...then the Boks will have a different result, as if they will play better than their best. Aren't they suppose to give their best at ALL times?

This is what I don't understand....when there's suddenly something/someone to play for...then the Boks will have a different result, as if they will play better than their best. Aren't they suppose to give their best at ALL times?
It's just the nature of rugby, and any sport for that matter.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm changing my prediction.

Boks to win by 5.

Just found out that an ailing Joost will be leading the Boks onto the field. Think the guys will dedicate this game to him and no way they are going to let him down. No way!

Is Joost on the bench?

APoc184

Honorary Master

It's called motivation. Some people will always need that extra little push to get the best out of them.

Dubes

Expert Member

You clearly also don't understand the psychology of sport at the highest level either. All these players have the skills, the fitness and the desire, it is that intangible extra that gives them the edge in competitions such as this.

I often wonder about the psychological edge gained by performing the haka before every match.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Here is a photo of about 2 years ago by one of our photographers.

Joost has deteriorated quite a bit since then. He could still walk here.

BzFuj2KCMAA68Ds.jpg

Replay

Executive Member
You clearly also don't understand the psychology of sport at the highest level either. All these players have the skills, the fitness and the desire, it is that intangible extra that gives them the edge in competitions such as this.

I often wonder about the psychological edge gained by performing the haka before every match.
No I do.....it shouldn't though...So on WC final day...you lost because you only had the Cup to play for, the other team played for the Cup and a guy in a wheelchair. Maybe we should find someone special for every game to up our standard.

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
My head says ABs by 8... My heart says Springboks by 5 after Apoc184's info... So I will go for the difference ABs by only 3

sand_man

Honorary Master
No I do.....it shouldn't though...So on WC final day...you lost because you only had the Cup to play for, the other team played for the Cup and a guy in a wheelchair. Maybe we should find someone special for every game to up our standard.

In 95 it was Nelson who got us through that final so it's not that implausible. Whether it should or shouldn't be....

This game is a tough one to call.

On current form on a neutral ground with a neutral ref the AB would beat us 8/10 by at least 7.

At Ellis Park, confronted by hopefully a highly motivated Bok team and in a dead rubber, I say the Boks are going to squeak in. 1-4 pt margin.

For all the criticism leveled at the Boks this year, they've come desperately close again to winning this thing. A 1 point loss to Aus in a game they should have won has been the difference up till now. Pity.

Edit: Wayne Barnes can be a bit of a mixed bag. Not a fan but lets hope he is accurate today.

Last edited:

Replay

Executive Member
For all the criticism leveled at the Boks this year, they've come desperately close again to winning this thing. A 1 point loss to Aus in a game they should have won has been the difference up till now. Pity.
That and...let's not forget, we only lost with 4 points against the AB in Wellington. Not bad in their backyard

Edit: Wayne Barnes can be a bit of a mixed bag. Not a fan but lets hope he is accurate today.
Well with the schitty level of refereeing of late...Barnes should be top notch :p

ponder

Honorary Master
29-13 for the Boks think they will surprise a lot of people today including the AB

250px-Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

In 95 it was Nelson who got us through that final so it's not that implausible. Whether it should or shouldn't be....

Don't forget Francois Pienaar and Kitch Christie were great motivators as well.

But ja, like they say, a rugby ball isn't round, and on the day, can bounce either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.