Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
Yes not all of them plays in the RWC but the same with FIFA, not all of them qualify, but all of them play rugby so what was your point exactly?

You're real funny you know that. Case in point, Zambia have been football giants in Southern Africa for years, and were African Champions recently. They're ranked 88 in FIFA I think, while SA ranked above them now have beaten full strength Spain, then reigning World&Europe champions. Zambia will never qualify for the FIFA WC methinks. In Rugby they're ranked 88. They will never be African chapions ahead of SA, ZIM, KEN, TUN, NAM&MOR, forget qualifying for the WC. Rugby giant Australia are ranked 84th in FIFA but they will probably qualify for the next FIFA WC and do well, as they've done very well before.

Your attempt at dismissing my relevant point is pitiful. It's not about who participates generally, it's about whose participation is relevant at this level. If I'm being generous, only 15 teams count in rugby, and that's been the case for many years before and shall continue to be the case. In football anyone ranked from 50-200 can be in the FIFA WC and reach the 2nd round in the space of 4 years. A team ranked 100 can be playing in the Euros 2 years from now while England don't qualify. None of this can ever happen in rugby.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Since when is this a fekkin soccer thread?
The Sokkah People have always had an inferiority complex, which is why they're always trying to bring rugby down to their level.

They will do anything to avoid the stark truth that round balls are contra natura.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
yeah come on ffs, leave bloody politics and soccer the hell out of here. Be smart and start a new thread for your agenda.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
I'm changing my prediction.

Boks to win by 5.

Just found out that an ailing Joost will be leading the Boks onto the field. Think the guys will dedicate this game to him and no way they are going to let him down. No way!

Guys like Read, McCaw, Mealamu & Conrad Smith are tuned in to such games naturally and are always primed to step up. This won't change the result, but it will make things more entertaining as the Boks will be motivated to raise the levels closer to the ABs.

Stranger things have happened. McGrath's stepped on a ball and the Poms accidently won the Ashes, and Ronaldo had an upset stomach and the frogs won the FIFA WC. Contrary to popular belief, at altitude, the NZ backline may just play like they're afflicted by the great Joost's illness and create enough gaps for Le Roux & Hendricks to run rings all over them.

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
As far as I am aware they try that. Before each match someone "special" presents the caps.

True, but that doesn't really have the same effect. That person normally also gives a lil speach in the change room

APoc184

Honorary Master
Feeling is that they are risking him and one of the other journos on the media bus said they spoke to the team doc who said they are going to inject the affected area with pain killers. It is not an injury that limits mobility. Just a stinging pain in the ribs which the pain killers will sort out.

Stupid if you ask me. We shouldn't be playing him with next year's RWC in mind.

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
Feeling is that they are risking him and one of the other journos on the media bus said they spoke to the team doc who said they are going to inject the affected area with pain killers. It is not an injury that limits mobility. Just a stinging pain in the ribs which the pain killers will sort out.

Stupid if you ask me. We shouldn't be playing him with next year's RWC in mind.

He will be fine by then.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
My in-laws use SS

I've just logged onto SS website like always and checked to see how the streams were working with my connection. None work, all show a 'wrong country' message. So I've just horribly realised that streaming on SS only works in Africa, and I'm not in Africa just now :/

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
I've just logged onto SS website like always and checked to see how the streams were working with my connection. None work, all show a 'wrong country' message. So I've just horribly realised that streaming on SS only works in Africa, and I'm not in Africa just now :/

Oh noes!

Status
Not open for further replies.