Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
To think, if we had played a bit better against Australia we would have won the Championship.
Let's be realistic guys. If the Boks still had a chance to win the game do you honestly think the ABs would've played the way they did today?

I thought that 12-12 draw they had against Wallabies was bad, this is easily their worst performance of the entire Super Rugby competition.

On that point if there was a prize for the team of the tournament it would go to the Pumas by distance. In all honesty All Blacks never really turned up this year. I think most neutral fans will agree.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I really hope that this is the game that turned Pollard from a potentially good Bok flyhalf to a genuinely good Bok flyhalf for the future.

He had a great game.

Would have given him a boatload of confidence and deservedly so. He should be our first choice all the way to RWC.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
England to take it... :p

That is my actual prediction, France and Wales close. I think the islanders will do well, their participation in European rugby have boosted them in quality, especially playing in the Northern Hemisphere, also Argentina.

MickeyD

RIP
Easy with the personal attacks folks. There is a line between sporting banter and personal attacks/insults.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
That is my actual prediction, France and Wales close. I think the islanders will do well, their participation in European rugby have boosted them in quality, especially playing in the Northern Hemisphere, also Argentina.

Yep, mine too. England are gonna be beastly, I think. France can never be discounted in World Cups.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Good point by Naas and Skinstad. ABs were let down by Aaron Smith and Barrett today. Smith is the premier scrumhalf in the world, so we were kind of lucky in that sense.

I think Cruden would have been a bit more level headed. Barrett hasn't played under such pressure before, and was a bit paralysed.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
Yep, mine too. England are gonna be beastly, I think. France can never be discounted in World Cups.
England might not make it out of their group, which I suspect they won't. Only two sides can take it, NZ&AUS, and if the All Blacks don't get rid of their tendency to lapse like this Australia should be taken as favourites, particularly with the ABs' history in the competition.

Unfortunately for the Boks, in order to win it they have to play big games in the quarters, semis and finals which they won't manage. They're the only side who have it toughest I think. Unless I'm reading the draw route wrong.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Hopefully Meyer has finally gotten it through his thick skull that THIS is how the Boks need to play.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Let's be realistic guys. If the Boks still had a chance to win the game do you honestly think the ABs would've played the way they did today?

I thought that 12-12 draw they had against Wallabies was bad, this is easily their worst performance of the entire Super Rugby competition.

On that point if there was a prize for the team of the tournament it would go to the Pumas by distance. In all honesty All Blacks never really turned up this year. I think most neutral fans will agree.

I'm neutral and I don't agree.

What you are saying is that you expect the All Blacks to win every game by a considerable margin and with beautiful flowing rugby. And if they lose or don't play flowing rugby and scrape a win or draw, it's the All Blacks fault for not turning up.

Sorry bud, doesn't work like that. There's 30 players and 2 teams on the pitch and they all affect the outcome. Give credit where it is due please. The Boks left everything out there tonight and the win was deserved, especially having to dig deep those last 10 minutes when everyone thought 'oh well, here we go again'.

ZCFOutkast

Expert Member
The Boks left everything out there tonight and the win was deserved, especially having to dig deep those last 10 minutes when everyone thought 'oh well, here we go again'.

For the first time in the match Boks were put under pressure and what did they do? Kick one way! That tells a story.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
England might not make it out of their group, which I suspect they won't. Only two sides can take it, NZ&AUS, and if the All Blacks don't get rid of their tendency to lapse like this Australia should be taken as favourites, particularly with the ABs' history in the competition.

Unfortunately for the Boks, in order to win it they have to play big games in the quarters, semis and finals which they won't manage. They're the only side who have it toughest I think. Unless I'm reading the draw route wrong.

asianguyjeringthenwaving_zps483637eb.gif

Last edited:

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
Hopefully Meyer has finally gotten it through his thick skull that THIS is how the Boks need to play.

I am optimistically cautious, but I think he saw the light and I hope he will work on a better balanced game plan with a RWC in mind

Werner Harding

I'm neutral and I don't agree.

What you are saying is that you expect the All Blacks to win every game by a considerable margin and with beautiful flowing rugby. And if they lose or don't play flowing rugby and scrape a win or draw, it's the All Blacks fault for not turning up.

Sorry bud, doesn't work like that. There's 30 players and 2 teams on the pitch and they all affect the outcome. Give credit where it is due please. The Boks left everything out there tonight and the win was deserved, especially having to dig deep those last 10 minutes when everyone thought 'oh well, here we go again'.

I FULLY AGREE

Spizz

Goat Botherer
For the first time in the match Boks were put under pressure and what did they do? Kick one way! That tells a story.

How can you not appreciate what All Black pressure entails? The Boks did what they needed to in the last 10 and pulled a win out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.