Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

sand_man

Honorary Master
If I'm being generous, only 15 teams count in rugby, and that's been the case for many years before and shall continue to be the case. In football anyone ranked from 50-200 can be in the FIFA WC and reach the 2nd round in the space of 4 years. A team ranked 100 can be playing in the Euros 2 years from now while England don't qualify. None of this can ever happen in rugby.

Yet since 1930 FIFA World Cup finals have been dominated by West/Germany, Brazil, Italy and Argentina.

Sneeky

Honorary Master
What a game yesterday.
Well done NZ and SA.
2 positive playing teams makes for excellent rugby.
Win or lose depending on which side of the fence you sit that was spectacular.

Both sides very disciplined at the breakdown and rucks making for quick ball and exciting rugby. Minimal scrums and even then when they did happen they were clean.

By contrast watch any Aussie game, their negative attitude to the game is despicable. Actively lying on the wrong side slowing down the ball, pretending to scrum at best.

The championship should revert to the tri-nations again and just be SA,NZ and Arg, kick Aus out unless they change their attitude and start to play positively.

I hope NZ give them a proper hiding in 2 weeks time in the last Bledisloe match.

Oh and congrats to Argentina, great win.

Again, it took the ref just over 40 minutes before he stopped the Aussie negative play at the rucks.
It is so obvious yet they let them get away with it for so long, you would swear the refs have been given instructions to allow them to do it.
:sick:

MickeyD

RIP
Final Log

(Played-Won-Drawn-Lost-BP-Pts)

1. New Zealand: 6-4-1-1-4=22
2. South Africa: 6-4-0-2-3=19
3. Australia: 6-2-1-3-1=11
4. Argentina: 6-1-0-5-3=7

Replay

Executive Member
Final Log

(Played-Won-Drawn-Lost-BP-Pts)

1. New Zealand: 6-4-1-1-4=22
2. South Africa: 6-4-0-2-3=19
3. Australia: 6-2-1-3-1=11
4. Argentina: 6-1-0-5-3=7

I know it's a could've - should've scenario...but we could've won this thing....or is that should've? :confused:

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
I would like to get some opinion here. How much do you guys think did Joost's presence did for the team? Or can we say that even without him there, we would have taken the game? I didn't watch the post match interviews - did anyone mention him on the "podium"?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Easy with the personal attacks folks. There is a line between sporting banter and personal attacks/insults.

Shurrup MCMXLII.

I mean thanks Mick...

I don't know what makes me happier - the Boks doing it or Argentina. I'll be wearing my Argie rugby jersey today, that's for sure!

MickeyD

RIP
I would like to get some opinion here. How much do you guys think did Joost's presence did for the team? Or can we say that even without him there, we would have taken the game? I didn't watch the post match interviews - did anyone mention him on the "podium"?
I did not pick up any reference in the post-match interviews.

As an ex-player I was too focussed on the game ahead to allow these type of distractions to "get" to me. You are in the zone and just want to get on with the game!

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
I know it's a could've - should've scenario...but we could've won this thing....or is that should've? :confused:

Could've. Imo, the game plan didn't show us to do better earlier in the competition. These last 2 games would certainly have opened HM's eyes. I am no fan of HM, but I have more hope for the RWC

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Was flippin' awesome!!!! Weekend is complete...

I watched the entire game, nearly looked like the Pumas giving up when the Aussies took the game 14 to 0, mistakes and greed was everywhere. A simple regroup later and it was a whole other Pumas team playing. Honestly, in the end where Hooper was yellowed, the Aussies was mismatched to take the victory in the last 10 minutes.

MickeyD

RIP
I watched the entire game, nearly looked like the Pumas giving up when the Aussies took the game 14 to 0, mistakes and greed was everywhere. A simple regroup later and it was a whole other Pumas team playing. Honestly, in the end where Hooper was yellowed, the Aussies was mismatched to take the victory in the last 10 minutes.
Took the ref long enough to root out the Aussies' negative play!!

Seriously

Honorary Master

Are you making excuses on their behalf? ;)

Replay

Executive Member
I asked something similar yesterday before the game...and my feeling was that your level of play should be no different....with or without a "Joost-type-mascot".

The fact is that on the day you do go into a game with an elevated fighting spirit...Ok, granted I only played local club rugby, but it's no different. The level doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.