Castle Lager Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
lets be honest , I think the word you're looking for is ill-discipline by NZ.

As for the Ellis Park show , I understand its sentimental value , but was it really necessary?

Perhaps we're not focusing on what seems to be the white elephant in the room which is:

No championship title since PDV as well as average performances against touring sides.

Purely your opinion, also what do you mean by white elephant?

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
And if you want to nit pick, the lap could be thanking the crowd for the support throughout the tournament as well, it was after all the last game of it.

Yeah that's 1 way of looking at it.

Just thought that we might be sending a message to the world that we're celebrating or glorifying mediocrity.

technically the last game was Aus vs Arg, but let's not be too technical.

Yeah that's 1 way of looking at it.

Just thought that we might be sending a message to the world that we're celebrating or glorifying mediocrity.

technically the last game was Aus vs Arg, but let's not be too technical.

Surely you can't classify beating the ABs as mediocrity???
the force is strong with this one. :)

LOL I'm actually sitting here watching Star Wars Rebels on my other screen :D :D

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
Surely you can't classify beating the ABs as mediocrity???

being no.2 in World Rugby and NZ being no.1 , you'd think this was bound to happen don't you agree?

I could see Japan maybe doing a victory lap and have some fireworks after beating the ABs.

For us it should just be a walk in the park.

Pitbull

Verboten
Who has the stronger starting lineup?

15 Willie le Roux/Israel Dagg (NZ) - Disagree
14 Cornal Hendricks/Ben Smith (NZ) - Disagree
13 Jan Serfontein/Conrad Smith (NZ walkover)
12 Jean de Villiers/Malakai Fekitoa (SA) - Disagree
11 Bryan Habana/Julian Savea (NZ walkover. Up against a shadow) - Disagree
10 Handre Pollard/Beauden Barrett (NZ) - Disagree
9 Francois Hougaard/Aaron Smith (NZ)
8 Duane Vermeulen-Schalk/Kieran Read (NZ whichever one of the two. Worse if Read is given the armband to spur him on.) - Disagree
7 Teboho Mohoje/Richie McCaw (NZ walkover)
6 Marcell Coetzee/Jerome Kaino (Tie)
5 Victor Matfield/Sam Whitelock (close but NZ) - Disagree
4 Eben Etzebeth/Jeremy Thrush (SA)
3 Jannie du Plessis/Joe Moody (Tie)
2 Bismarck du Plessis/Keven Mealamu (on current form NZ) - Disagree
1 Tendai Mtawarira/Owen Franks (Tie but SA if pushed) - Disagree

Tally: SA 2 - NZ 10 (Tied-3)

I agree with the bookies, All Black will walk this one.

I think I'll just post this again for reference purposes :p

I'm 100% sure all those I disagreed with proved me right...

crack2483

Why does everyone keep calling it a lucky penalty? Was blatant elbow to the head. If it was one of our players we would have been lucky with a yellow.

being no.2 in World Rugby and NZ being no.1 , you'd think this was bound to happen don't you agree?

I could see Japan maybe doing a victory lap and have some fireworks after beating the ABs.

For us it should just be a walk in the park.
LOL walk in the park. Yeh right. Putting us at number 2 doesn't make us just a little less good than NZ.

This is how it is:
3. Australia
2. South Africa
[A whole lot of fresh air]
[More fresh air]
1. The mighty All Blacks

sand_man

Honorary Master
lets be honest , I think the word you're looking for is ill-discipline by NZ.

As for the Ellis Park show , I understand its sentimental value , but was it really necessary?

Perhaps we're not focusing on what seems to be the white elephant in the room which is:

No championship title since PDV as well as average performances against touring sides.

Other than Kitch Christies 100% win ratio, HM has the highest win ratio of any post readmission coach.

Saturday's defeat broke the AB's 22 match winning streak so it was a big deal. Also consider that that's the last time the Boks will be competing in a home test until next year.

Re: the lucky penalty and ill disciplined AB's, as they say in the classics, you play as well as the opposition allows you. We were clinical in the 1st half and Lambie slotting a 55 meter penalty is anything but lucky.

Last edited:

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Definitely a penalty, maybe a bit lucky that the screen showed it and that JdV asked about it, and the ref decided to go look. He didn't go look when McCaw asked about something similar.

Frankie_Yale

Expert Member
Definitely a penalty, maybe a bit lucky that the screen showed it and that JdV asked about it, and the ref decided to go look. He didn't go look when McCaw asked about something similar.

+1 . The media actually instigated that throwing the spotlight on it after several phases had passed without anyone claiming anything.

It happened right in front of the ref and none of the other Springbok players reacted to it, which means there was nothing in it.

So basically they jumped the gun intentionally to put pressure on the ref. Not good sportsmanship.

And you are correct, Richie mentioned a possible forward pass to the ref which he dismissed stating he was in a good enough position. If it had to be played on the big screen like the Messam tackle, the try would've been disallowed.

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
Guys, I just went through a number of final scores and nowhere can I find the comments column...

:whistling:

Having said that, I feel that the tv ref should get more involved when it comes to possible penalty offenses.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
jammer menere, ongelukkig is dit nie die geval nie...

This forum is littered with Afrikaans.

;)

Anyway, the Springboks made a necessary achievement by winning and by doing so closed some negativity. HM also have a policy to abide to, coming up, also seeing that he invited various players to participate in limited training with the Springbok camp. I think the tour will be the opportunity to play by trial and error which in return may led to criticizing HM, though he will only be doing as being advised by the policy. Long story short, there will always be people seeking to wrong the Springboks.

Status
Not open for further replies.